C l i p - 31

Jeno walked into the empty bar, hand brushing through his freshly washed hair. He greeted the bartender who was a close friend of NCT.

"You drinking with anyone today?" Sungryu, the bartender, asked.

"Another member should be coming over." Jeno answered, taking a seat at his usual spot in the corner. He closed his eyes and relaxed into the chair. "I'll have the usual food."

"I'll close up for the night for your privacy then." Sungryu mumbled. He disappeared behind the bar to prepare his snack, leaving Jeno to his thoughts.

The boy was stuck mentally as he tried his best to move on from Namu, but every time he's finally close to he finds himself back to square one.

Everything and anything about her always drew him deeper into his feelings, making it harder for him. He always scolded himself not to give into the urge of talking or taking care of her but did it anyway.

He heard the chime of the bell, signaling the arrival of Doyoung. He kept his eyes closed, thinking of a wag to tease his older friend.

"Took you long enough. I was about to grow older than you."

"Welcome. Would you like your usual too?" Sungryu greeted.

"Yes please."

Jeno's eyes shot open at the familiar voice. Their eyes meet, his shocked gaze slowly turning into a glare. He let out a huff and rolled his eyes.

"Unbelievable."

"Look, can we talk?"

"No. I don't want or need to talk to you."

"About Namu—"

"Fuck off, Mark." Jeno seethed, getting up. His heart was beating hard in his chest as it took everything in him not to punch his bandmate. "You already have her so what else do you want to do? Rub it in my face?"

"This is why we need to talk. I need to clear things up with you." Mark shouted in frustration. He looked his younger friend dead in the eye. "Sit the fuck down."

The two stared at each other, both fueled with mixed emotions. The tension in the air was choking and it made even Sungryu stop what he was doing.

Jeno huffed and sat back down. "You're paying."

"My plan from the start." Mark mumbled, sitting across Jeno. He removed his hat and placed it on the table. "Two craft beers and three bottles of soju."

Sungryu approached their table, placing the plates of food and drinks on the table. "Fried chicken for Mark and mixed berries and nuts for Jeno. Here's your drinks and I'll be hiding in the staff room if you need more."

With that, the two boys were left alone.

"I have a lot of things to apologize for, but today we'll talk about three things." Mark started. "First, I would like to apologize for being the one to tell Namu about your Instagram. I was desperate and got too possessive at the time because her birthday was soon and she planned on confessing to you."

"Great job she hates my guts now." Jeno bluntly stated. He chugged down half of his beer and took a berry. "Was planning to confess to her too to keep my promise with her brother."

"I know I was out of line and I apologize for ruining it." Mark bowed his head as he gripped the handle of his cup. "The second thing I want to apologize for is the accident."

"Accident?"

"Renjun didn't tell you?" Mark sighed. "I was the one who caused their accident."

Jeno didn't hesitate to grab him by the collar, nearly choking the elder. His nostrils flared as his fist was clenched tight, nails digging into the palm of his hand. He punched Mark without a second thought, sending him straight to the concrete floor.

"I'll never forgive you for this you fucking asshole." Jeno growled. "You could have fucking killed them! Hell if it weren't for Renjun's hard head she would probably be dead!"

Mark groaned in pain as he forced himself to get on his hands and knees. He kept his head to the floor.

"That day I didn't know what I was doing. I bought the flower pot and the next thing I knew I was doing it." Mark explained. His fingers pulled slightly at his hair as he felt the tears coming. "I didn't see Namu and Renjun was wearing a similar hoodie to yours."

"So I was the one who was meant to be hit?" Jeno scoffed, hitting the table. "Disappointed but not surprised."

"I'm sorry." Mark apologized. "I've already told the others and repented."

"Disappointed but not surprised." He downed the last bit of his beer. "Are you done with you bullshit? I've had enough of you. I can't believe she still picked you."

"She didn't."

"What?"

Mark got up from his bowing position and shakily went back on his seat. He pressed one of the cold soju against his swelling cheek.

"We aren't a thing. We're just friends." He clarified. "I've... realized a lot of things and finally matured enough to let go."

"You're serious?" Jeno questioned. His anger suddenly halted at the revelation.

"She's been wanting to tell you but each time she tried you evaded or you two got interrupted. So I decided to clear it up." Mark answered.

"I heard you that day. You told her to date you and join 127 on tour." Jeno reasoned. He swore on his ancestors that's what Mark had said.

"The reason why she came with 127 was because she was hurt and acted on impulse. The moment the plane was in the air she instantly regretted it." Mark explained. "She didn't talk to me or even breathe in my direction for a month but I saw her."

He smiled sadly, remembering how the girl was the first month. She barely ate or responded to anyone. Her heart and soul were crushed and it was his fault again.

"I pulled myself together and started seeing a therapist after a friend of mine forced me to." Mark added. "I know you might never forgive me, but telling you the truth is the least I can do. For myself, for your forgiveness, and her."

Jeno stayed quiet, taking in the information. He poured himself a shot and drank it in one go. He poured himself a drink and surprisingly, also Mark.

"Drink."

Mark did as said and drank half the glass, grimacing at the straight line the drink left in his throat. "Now that you know, what are you gonna do?"

"I don't know." Jeno mumbled. "Sure as hell I won't forgive you yet."

"I know." Mark huffed. He finished his shot and sighed. "Don't wait too long or you'll lose your chance again."

"Whatever."

"Refill my glass."

"No."

"Why?" Mark whined.

"You need to tell the others too about what you did." Jeno blurted out.

"If you refill my drink." Mark bargained, attempting to wink.

"I think I need to punch you again."

A/N

Aight that was a fun chapter to write