C l i p - 38

The school bell was like music to many's ears. To Namu, it was like angels singing into her ears. She wanted out of that hell hole already.

"What score did you get on Mr. Kang's test?" Jisung asked, sadly looking at his math test paper. It was a midterm exam and the total points in the test was 80. "I got 50 and avoided having to take the retest."

"Jokes on you, I got a higher score." Namu proudly stated, making her friend curious. "Yeah I got a 55.5."

"I don't understand how others got a high score. This man barely comes in to teach and only gives tests!" Jisung complained. "If I fail, you're gonna fail with me."

"Who says we're gonna fail?" Namu questioned cheekily. She put a hand on Jisung's shoulder. "The next test if you don't have any answers give me the signal. I'll look for answers for the both of us."

"So the next test just in case you study the first half of the lesson and I'll study the last." Jisung nodded approvingly. "This is why we're friends."

The two shared a high five as they laughed to themselves.

"Seo Namu and Park Jisung, when did you learn how to cheat?"

The two froze, both thinking of an explanation to give. Jeno and Jaemin stood at the gates, arms crossed as they looked at the two guilty teens.

"Did I really raise you children to be like this? Do I need to hit you with my slipper?" Jaemin asked in his preschool teacher voice. "Namu do I need to call your brother?"

"No sir." Namu mumbled, hiding behind Jisung. She looked over at Jeno with a pout. The boy cleared his throat and looked away.

"I can tutor them so don't be so harsh." Jeno offered.

"Ugh, the boyfriend." Jaemin jokingly retched. He quickly ducked, dodging Jeno's slap.

"I refuse." Jisung said, raising his hand. "I'd rather fail."

Namu blinked, surprised he rejected. "He's actually a really good teacher though Jwi."

"I refuse to be a third wheel." The boy huffed. "But why are you two here? Aren't you guys supposed to be at the company getting ready?"

"Oh I wanted to ask Namu something." Jeno answered with a smile. "I couldn't wait at the company."

"You could have just texted me though. You didn't have to come all the way here." Namu frowned. "You have my number."

"I wanted to do it in person." Jeno mumbled.

"And that's why I came with Jeno. I'm taking you to the company." Jaemin grabbed Jisung and began pulling him away. "Enjoy your date lovebirds."

"I want to go with Huli!" Jisung cried, reaching out to Namu. "Huli!"

"So um." Jeno awkwardly looked around, somewhat hesitant to talk. "I was wondering if I could take you out to a new cafe I saw."

"Of course you can. You don't have to be so awkward." Namu agreed. She closed the distance between them and grinned. "I brought money today so I'm paying."

"I can't say no to that." Jeno chuckled. He took her bag and slung it over his shoulder. It wasn't really heavy for him but he knew it was for her. "So you can't say no to this."

"Of course there's a catch." Namu rolled her eyes and jokingly pushed him away. "Shall we?"

The two walked to the cafe in silence. Their hands would constantly brush against each other's, making either of them blush.

It was quite funny to their friends seeing how awkward they were with each other now that they were in a relationship. They knew PDA was not really an option outside the safety of the company and it was killing Jeno. 

"Welcome! What will you guys have?" The cashier asked, eyes focused on Jeno. Namu huffed and crossed her arms as she looked up at the menu.

"I'll have a slice of the dark chocolate cake and an iced americano." Jeno ordered with a smile. He glanced at Namu and chuckled. "If you think too hard your brain will melt."

"Shut up." Namu finished up scanning through the menu. "Oreo crepe cake and red iced tea please."

She paid for their food while Jeno went to take their food to a table at the corner. The cashier seemingly lost interest once he left, infuriating the girl even more. Namu was ready to take her credit card back but the the cashier just put it on the counter and walked away.

Namu stomped over to their table and aggressively pulled her chair out to sit on. "Why do you have to be so handsome?"

Jeno, who was innocently drinking his coffee, blinked a couple of times. One of his eyebrows arched, showing his confusion.

"Is that a bad thing?" He asked.

"She was literally eating you alive with her stare." Namu mocked the girl's stare before going back to her scowl.

"Well I'm an idol and there's some people who are worse than her so what can we do?" Jeno shrugged. He found her scowl really cute and couldn't really take it seriously.

"The point is she was rude to me because she was thirsting over you. If she were nice I wouldn't be this angry." Namu reasoned. "I don't care if people flirt with you, but can they at least be decent?"

"Really now babe? Why is that?" Jeno asked, curious of her reason.

"Because you're mine and I trust you." Namu answered.

"Aw, my baby is so mature." Jeno grinned, squishing her cheers. "But admit it. You were jealous."

"Eat." She commanded.

"Yes ma'am." Jeno fumbled to get his fork and eat his cake. She took her fork and ate hers layer by layer.

"Slow down you look like you starved for days." Namu chuckled. She had gotten a text from her brother asking where she was. "It's Youngho."

She quickly texted him she was with Jeno and put her phone away. She knew how anxious he was when it came to her brother.

"Babe?" Jeno called. The girl hummed, letting him know she was paying attention. "When are we going to tell your brother?"

"Well, we've been together for a week already. Do you think you're ready to face him tomorrow after Music Bank?" Namu suggested.

The color drained from Jeno's face as he imagined every possible way it could go. Her brother did root for him before, but after that incident he had been very vague with him.

"Or not?" Namu sighed.

"I think tomorrow is okay. He has the right to know as your legal guardian."  Jeno finalized. "Let's not beat around the bush this time. We've all learned our lesson." 

A/N

Oh I wonder how this will go