C l i p - 23

Namu wanted to turn into a small rock and live without a care. She had just finished filming a dance cover and was just laying down in the middle of the practice room.

"I really need to workout more." She groaned. She placed her arm over her closed eyes and relaxed. She was about to fall asleep when the door creaked open. She peeked to check who came in.

"Ah yes, brother and friend." She mumbled.

"If you lay down like that your back will hurt." Johnny scolded, taking a seat beside her.

"They say if you don't sleep in a straight posture you won't grow taller." Renjun teased.

"Tell me that when you're taller than my brother." Namu shot back. She rolled away, avoiding Renjun's kick. "Youngho you saw that right? One slap from you and he'll be back in China."

"Be lucky you're Jinae's friend." The boy huffed, sitting near Johnny. He went on his phone, probably texting his girl.

"So what were you practicing?" Johnny asked.

"I'm trying to practice District 9 but I can't get some steps right." Namu sighed. She made friends with Jeongin a while back and promised to cover one of their songs.

"Is it from Stray Kids? Jaehyun can take you to JYP and have Yugyeom take you to them." He suggested. He wanted to support her anyway he could.

"You already had Yugyeom teach me Hard Carry just a couple of weeks ago." Namu said. "It must be a hassle."

"Wait a minute, you help her meet idols and you can't even pick me up from the hotpot restaurant?" Renjun questioned, hand on his chest.

"If you forgot, I'm his precious little sister." Namu reminded, flipping her hair over her shoulder. "By the way, where's Jeno?"

"I was supposed to come with him but he went to buy something first at the store downstairs. I ran into Johnny-hyung and he was on his way to see you." He explained.

"Mark was looking for you earlier actually. I told him you might be with Jeno and he bolted." Johnny added.

Namu's smile faded at the mention of Mark. Ever since that day Mark had been avoiding her and it gave her a bad feeling.

Johnny noticed her change of mood. "I'm guessing he confronted you again."

"I turned him down. Again." Namu said, fiddling with her shoelaces. "I hope this time he finally gives up."

"I'm going to agree and pretend I know what's going on." Renjun joked, lightening the mood. He was aware of Mark's feelings but not their story. "Care to share?"

"A while back, Mark and I had mutual feelings but never made it to a couple. He broke a couple of promises and yeah." Namu elaborated. "He chose to lie and stop being consistent. Youngho didn't raise me to accept that kind of treatment. I did forgive him though."

"But you know my dear sapling, you don't need to worry anymore." Johnny pinched Namu's cheeks and grinned. "You have Jeno with you now!"

"Youngho!" She slapped her brother's hands away and rubbed her stinging cheeks. "What if he comes in? What if he hears it? What if he doesn't like me back?"

Johnny and Renjun both shared a look before rolling their eyes. They knew she was dumb but not to that extent.

"By the way where's the nearest bathroom here? I'm not familiar with this floor." Namu asked, looking over at Renjun. "Show me the way, BathJun."

Johnny decided to stay behind for when Jeno would arrive. Renjun helped the lazy girl up and the two walked out. The bathroom was on the other side of the floor, which made the girl groan.

"I'll wait for you outside." Renjun said, leaning against the wall. He put his hood up and went on his phone, texting Jinae.

moojunie
What time do you get off work? I'll pick you up

uyujun
You don't need to, I can take the bus there
By the way
Is Mark okay?

moojunie
Why?

uyujun
Idk he stopped by the flower shop earlier while I was on break
And didn't even greet me 😤
Boy could have gotten a discount

moojunie
What did he buy?
Oh wait ttyl I gotta play matchmaker
Tell me later when I pick you up
I love you
Seen.

Meanwhile, Jeno finally entered the practice room. He held two bottles of milk, one banana flavored while the other was chocolate. He remembered how Namu was craving it.

"You and Renjun wore couple hoodies?" Johnny teased.

Jeno rolled his eyes and took a seat on the cement floor. "Where are they?"

"Bathroom." Johnny simply responded. The two scrolled through there phone, waiting for the two to comeback. The sound of a scream and shattering made them jolt up.

"That sounded like Namu." Jeno said. The two sprinted out towards the source of the sound.

A couple of meters ahead were the unconscious Namu and Renjun. The boy was on top of her, bleeding as he probably shielded her from something. What looked to be broken pieces from a clay pot were scattered around them.

"Shit." Johnny cursed. He took his phone and quickly called an ambulance. "Don't move them. We don't know if it'll worsen the injuries."

The ambulance was quick to arrive. The paramedics secured both Renjun and Namu and brought them to the hospital. Jeno rode with them while Johnny took his car.

Jeno felt lightheaded as he ran beside Namu's stretcher. He held onto her hand, hoping for her to squeeze it back as she usually would when he held her hand.

"Sir please wait here." The nurse said, stopping Jeno from following them inside.

"Where's Namu and Renjun?" Jaemin asked, catching his breath. Behind him was Johnny and and Mark.

"In there." Jeno pointed to the treatment room.

He just stood there, numb. The bloodied image of her and one of his best friends terrorized his mind. What happened to them? Who could have done it?