C l i p - 22

"To another year of being alive!"

"Cheers to 2019!"

The clinking of glass filled the room as they finished their toast. Of course, the three minors were enjoying the real apple juice.

It was New Year's Eve and NCT celebrated with an outdoor barbecue at Chenle's vacation house by the beach.

"I heard Namu has an announcement to make." Taeyong said, gathering the attention of the members. Namu nodded and stood up.

"I've officially signed a contract to be an intern and have been assigned to helping handle NCT. I look forward to working with you guys." She bowed as the boys cheered and clapped. "Please take care of me."

"Of course we will. We need to water a plant to make sure it grows tall." Ten teased. Namu glared at him as she took a seat.

"So what unit will you be focused on?" Sicheng asked.

"Well, they haven't told me yet so..." Namu answered. "But hopefully, far away from Ten."

Ten let out a fake gasp as he jokingly put his hand over his chest. The girl only stuck her tongue out at him, not being able to flip him off with her brother present.

"Maybe she wants to be near dream so she can be near—"

"One more word from you and I'll show you what true terror is." Namu threatened, covering his mouth. The elder nodded and she uncovered his mouth.

"I got the fireworks!" Jaehyun announced, walking out of the home with a box.

"We should move to the beach then since it's wider." Kun said.

All of them agreed and gathered their things. Johnny and Taeil made sure to bring the cooler for beer. Namu was happily skipping and humming towards the beach. She removed her socks and shoes and enjoyed the feel of the sand on her feet.

"You seem excited." Jaemin remarked.

Namu nodded, looking down. "It's my first time to play with fireworks and celebrate with someone other than Youngho."

"Let's have Namu do the honor since it's her first time." Taeil suggested. "She'll light the first one."

Jaehyun handed her the lighter and lead her to the first one Sicheng had set up. "Just run back as soon as you light it, okay?"

Namu nodded and took a deep breath. She carefully lit the rope and scurried back, nearly tripping. Jeno helped her regain her balance as the skies lit up with the neon colors.

Her eyes shined as she watched the firework display. She was mesmerized at how pretty it looked compared to seeing it from afar.

"You need to blink, you know." Jeno chuckled

"What if I set off 19 pinwheels at the same time?" Donghyuck wondered. He secretly took the firecracker and looked for a victim. He looked at Namu and grinned. "Namu~"

"Hm? What do you want?" The girl responded, looking away from the fireworks display. Donghyuck had let the pinwheels go and watched as it went towards her.