Should Have Said So - Kakashi x reader

Depuis le début

"What's got you in a slump, (y/n)?" He asked quietly.

"Hmm? Oh," she thought for a minute while chewing. "Daiki, do you remember Kashi?"

"That one guy you have a crush on, but you won't admit it?"

"That's the one," she replied. "We are leaving on a two week mission, starting tomorrow morning. Just... Him and I," she looked down at her empty plate. "I... Get the vibes that he kinda hates me, ya know?"

"I'm sure he doesn't. I mean, who could hate you?"

"Kakashi," she replied, sadness croaking her voice.

"Oh, cheer up, I really don't think he thinks any less of you," he took her plate to the sink and began cleaning the dishes. She slumped down and put her head on her arms over the table. "(Y/n) are you nervous because of what happened all those years ago?" He asked, rather bluntly.

"N- no. I mean, I'm always nervous because of that, but that's just not it. Kakashi and I had a fight last time we were on a mission together, I... Don't want it to be like that. Awkward, I mean," she stuttered out. "I should get packed and head to bed. I'll see you in the morning," her head started to hurt, but she powered through and got ready to go before bed.

[Time skip to the next morning]

"I assume you don't have time to eat?" Daiki called from the kitchen as (y/n) was getting dressed. "I packed your breakfast!"

"Thanks hon," she said, coming out of her room and swiping her backpack over her shoulders. "Make sure you get to the Academy on time, if you don't,"

"I know! I made enough breakfast for you and Kakashi, see if he wants any," he pushed her out the door, watched her leave through the window, then promptly went back to bed.

"So you finally decided to show up," Kakashi said in his normal, monotone voice.

"Do we just leave now? We're both here like 15 minutes early," she replied, slightly surprised that Kakashi of all people, was early.

"Let's head out and get this done with," he grumbled, starting out the gate.

A few hours into their trip, Kakashi's stomach started grumbling. He forgot to eat breakfast this morning, that's why he was early. (Y/n) giggled at the random sound. She wasn't quite hungry yet, but decided to eat anyway.

"You hungry, Kashi?" She asked playfully, pretending that the fight from last time never happened

"I told you not to call me that anymore," he snapped back.

"Okay," she mumbled. "My question still stands, are you hungry?"

"...yes,"

"I brought you breakfast, my brother made it,"

"Thanks," he quickly took the neatly packed box and led her the side of the road, underneath some trees to eat.

It stayed quiet as they ate. Until she decided she wanted to finally say something.

"Kakashi, we should talk. I never-"

"It doesn't matter," he cut her off.

"It does! I wanted to apologise for what I said!"

"Well maybe I don't want an apology! I want you just to shut-" he paused for a moment to try and defuse the situation. "-just... Stop taking. I don't want to talk to you," he finished eating. (Y/n) felt awful for the things she said last time they had a long mission together.

Somehow, when they arrived to their destination early the last time, Kakashi convinced (y/n) to go to a bar with him, and that was how he found out what a light-weight piece of garbage she was when she was drunk. He shouldn't feel resentful about the things she said that night because he was the one who convinced her while she was still underage to drink, but he took it personally.