Mourning Is Worse Than Love pt. 2 - Sasuke x reader

By popular request

Prompt: Mourning Is Worse Than Love pt. 2, a Second Chance 

TW: none?

>:) I'm evil for leaving the end like that.

Sasuke x reader

(Not following the Naruto plotline)

WC: 4622

—––

"A second chance?" I asked the voice from above me, repeating what it had said.

"Yes. You are being given a second chance. But be prepared to see some things you don't like. And do not, whatever you do, do not get yourself killed again, got it?"

"Yes. But why me?"

"Because sometimes people are lucky. You'll find yourself back in the same place where you died. Remember, it's been twelve years since then. You'll have aged to whatever age you may have been. So, (y/n). Are you ready to be alive again?"

"Yes," I took a deep breath, "I'm ready,"

[Sasuke's POV]

I woke up in the middle of the night, Sakura asleep next to me.

"What's wrong, dear?" She asked, barely waking up.

"I have to go. Something changed," she slowly sat up and grabbed my arm.

"Come back to sleep. You can go in the morning," she hushed. I brushed her off, knowing the universe had somehow shifted. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but if it's a danger to the village, I had to know.

"No. I need to go, now. I'll see you later," I slid out of bed, and changed into something I could wear out. My usual cape and vest, along with that scarf she made me all those years ago.

"I love you, Sasuke," Sakura called out to me. I just grunted in return, and left to see into Sarada's room. She was still in a deep sleep, so I stepped in to say goodbye. I left a soft kiss on her forehead, before disappearing into the cold night air.

The village gates had never felt farther away. As soon as I arrived, sword on my hip, I met Naruto.

"You feel it too?" He asked.

"Yes. You stay here. This is my job, yours is in the village,"

"Thank you, Sasuke, be safe," he warned. I swear he cares more about me that my own wife does.

As soon as I passed through the gates, I began running. I don't have a specific direction I know to go, but this was the way.

[First person POV]

Air- gah- my lungs weren't ready.

I gasped for the air to fill my long empty lungs for the first time. My eyes shot open, I was on the bridge I made Sasuke let me go. Air slowly became easier to breathe as I woke from my deep slumber, and pulled myself up to sit. I rubbed my head slightly, and looked around.

Everything is different. The world feels at peace, everything is calm. Even under the moonlight, the trees were greener than they were when I died. And, as to be expected, twice as tall as that day.

What to do. What to do. Should I head to the village? Or stay put until someone crosses this bridge  to escort me. There is a small village between here and there, maybe two miles down the road.

I finally stood and stretched, and cracked my joints and back. After a few minutes, I took the time to check myself. I had a long black, hooded cloak on, over a red lightweight tunic, and black, straight cut stretchy pants. My regular ninja tools were still around my right thigh, and ninja sandals dressing my feet. I had a few packs around my waist. I took them off to check what I had.