It's a Date! - Kiba x Reader

Requested By: n/a

Prompt: whoops, guess my dog likes how you smell- oh my gosh- you're so cute-

TW: (shameless self-promotion)

Kiba x female!reader

(Not following the Naruto plotline)

WC: 2970

------

You had been out on a walk around Konaha, strolling on a warm summer day. The smell of sweet dango made you drool as you passed the shop, trying desperately to ignore the temptations of the treat. You stopped as you stood staring through the window, not at all paying attention to what was going on around you.

The temptation was too difficult to resist. One order of Botchan dango wouldn't ruin everything you had worked hard to accomplish, being nothing but small, yet extremely powerful muscle. Nothing that a little extra training couldn't fix.

You started to the door of the building, only to be knocked off your feet by a large white dog jumping on you. When you figured out what was going on, you sat back up, and pet the fluffy mass that knocked you down.

"Hey boy- you sure are a cutie, aren't you big guy," you cooed, scrunching his chubby face. "So where's your owner then?" You asked before you heard another voice over the busy street.

"Akamaru!" He called, running up to you. You looked at the tag in his collar. 'Akamaru' you thought to yourself. You pet his big brown ears before he ran away to his supposed owner. "I'm so sorry about that-" the man said, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. His eyes moved to your still toppled body. You surveyed his face, the red marks on his cheeks, those sharp eyes, and the fanged teeth he had.

"-its fine, it's not everyday that you get toppled by a big fluffy dog," you laughed, having actually not minded being pushed by the fluff ball.

"I'm Kiba Inuzuka," he smirked, and offered his hand to help you up. You accepted and took his hand, pulling you to your feet. "And that jerk of a dog is my ninja hound Akamaru-"

"Noo- he's not a jerk, are you Akamaru?" Akamaru barked, practically smiling as you pet his head. You stood back to look at Kiba. His forehead protector slightly tilted like it had come loose. "I'm (y/n) (l/n), it's nice to meet you," you reached up, fixing his headband. You giggled, "sorry, it was crooked," you apologized.

"Oh, thanks..." His face flushed pink, his eyes looking up at the metal plate. "Sorry again about Akamaru, he's not normally like that unless he really likes- uhh," he averted his eyes from yours.

"It's really alright, but," you placed your hand on his arm to regain his focus back to you. "But if you feel that bad about it, then you can take me out on a date?" You suggested, smiling at his red face.

"Did- I would love to-" he was cut off by a guy in a high collar grabbing his shirt pulling him alone. "I have a mission to finish, I'll talk to you next weekend!" he waved with a smile and Akamaru follow strictly behind him. He turned to who you assumed was his teammate. You brushed the dirt off your shirt and straightened the headband you had chosen to keep tied around your left thigh, below your pack of ninja tools.

Completely forgetting about the dango you had originally planned on getting, unable to stop thinking about how cute he was, you started walking away, to go home and take a much needed nap.

"Oh! Sakura sensei!" You had been training your medical ninjutsu under her, only being two years younger than her, you're 17 years of age. The war ended a few years ago, and she found the time to help you in your studies.