10. An Almost Wonderful Visit

"Y/n what happened?! That cut looks really bad! You look exhausted too! Who did this to you?! I swear I'll..." 

I shush him with my index finger, and place it on his lips.

 I think I might have leaned in too close, because his face was turning red. Mine was too. I told him what had happened and he calmed down at last. He suggested that I should tell the doctor about the cut near my eye, but I quickly declined. 

"I'm not scared of needles, but getting a cut checked out definitely frightens me." I confess. 

He laughs, and tells me that he almost had a panic attack when he found himself in a hospital bed. 

"But thanks to you, Y/n, I was able to be treated, and get better. I could have died! I definitely owe you, a lot!" I smile, and he smiles back. 

He holds both of my hands, and looks into my eyes. 

"When is the party?" I blush. 

"In three days." I tell him. 

His smile quickly fades. 

"I- I'm so sorry Y/n... I won't be able to make it." He says. 

I feel my smile disappear as well. 

"It's ok... your recovery is more important. It's more important than a stupid dance party." 

He smiles. 

"If it's a stupid dance party, then why did you want to go in the first place?" I smile. 

"Look, Bulla said that if I asked you out to the dance, she'd pay for everything that we'd eat at the new buffet that just opened! It's free food!" I tell him. 

He stares at me seriously for about a minute, and then bursts out laughing. 

"Really?!" He says, continuing to laugh. 

His laugh quickly disappeared. 

"If she didn't make that deal... would you still have asked me out?" I suddenly realize how bad I had made it sound.

 I smile, and stroke his hair a bit. "Of course I..."

                                                                                      "Y/N!"