The Boy in Your Closet .1.

A.N.: Thank you to Krazy_Karol for this prompt! I was feeling the inspiration for this one!

__ _

Niall loved Harry, loved the way he could cover him up with his larger body, loved his ridiculous snorts and boisterous laugh. He loved his wild curls that'd be tucked away in a messy bun, loved all of his tattoos, meaningful or not, loved his tan skin and biceps. He loved how Harry was puerile, almost carefree, but that was always borderline hurtful because the younger came with no filter. Niall loved how Harry's voice booms and rumbles, and the way it shakes his own body. He loved everything about Harry, from curly head to large feet, and he trusted Harry with his life.

So, it was natural that he trusted the secret Harry told him on their first year anniversary.

"I see dead people." and Niall merely flinched at the words. At first, he thought Harry was joking, but when he saw the way Harry looked at him, he knew it was true. Denial was replaced with a worried state. Was Harry okay? Were the spirits rude or harmful? Niall didn't know, but he listened to Harry's every word.

The spirits he saw were constantly at their shared complex, all having no name or memories of the past, but Harry said the spirits asked him questions. Questions about love, life, and death.

Then worry was replaced with guilt. All those nights where Harry would sit, wide-eyed on the edge of the mattress, or where he'd walk into a new place and become completely overwhelmed and frightened. How Harry hates to sleep alone, and how he always shut the blinds or open doors before sauntering off to bed with Niall in tow. Niall always thought it was Harry being a paranoid introvert, but he was terribly wrong.

As Niall listens to Harry explain that the spirits were pestering him, not harming him, and while Harry was mid-sentence, Niall decides to help. So, this goal makes Niall save up his money from part time jobs for a new complex.

__ _

When Niall finally has enough money saved up, they go hunting for a new complex.

The first one they visit, Harry flees immediately, claiming he can't handle that, whatever 'that' is.

The second goes rather well, Harry feels the energy like he always does, but he says there's an obnoxious spirit named Louis that wants to sleep in the bed with them; Niall is the first to leave.

The very last one goes perfect, Harry's smiling the whole time, claiming he doesn't feel any energy, so they don't explore the whole house. They stop in the kitchen and tell the Realtor that this one is the one. They seemed rushed when accepting it, but neither cares, they just want to be spirit-free.

__ _

They end up moving in the day after.

__ _

The complex is old, almost ancient, feeling to Niall. The floorboards are scratched, and it's really cold with the Winter weather, but his childish boyfriend is happy, so he's happy.

But that doesn't seem to last very long.

They're moving in the boxes when they decide to go check out the other rooms. The bathroom is a little tight, but Harry says it means bathroom sex will be easy and safe with a wink. There's only one bedroom, so when the old door frame that's painted with chipping white paint comes into view, they both feel anxiety bubbling in their stomachs. Niall is the first to walk in, and the first to gape happily at the sight.

It's small, but it's got a large closet, two windows that beautifully leaks sunlight into their room and to soak into the floorboards, and there's an empty bed frame there that's the perfect size for their queen size mattress. Niall clasps his hands together and sighs softly, but his mental euphoria is cut short when he hears Harry's footsteps halt behind him. Niall's standing near the closet, small hand on the doorknob to investigate, but he's stopped by Harry's large hand keeping the door closed.