flowers

Flowers

Flowers

Anna was finally getting married, and Elsa was staring at the window, glaring at a shadow.

--------❄--------

White and delicate lilies brushed the hem of Anna's silk gown, all put in place by her lovely sister who now lives in the so-called Enchanted Forest. Sure, it might've felt different without Elsa staying in what used to be her home, but Anna knew they both had jobs to do. Their bond had maintained strong despite their distance from each other.

The newly-coronated queen of Arendelle busily looped her hair into a bun, and although she struggled with hair strands here and there, still kept a smile on her face.

On the other hand, Elsa silently decorated Anna's bedroom with small frosted flowers, and while her eyes wearily blinked in slight exhaustion, she ecstatically continued making all the preparations. As of now, she couldn't help but create tiny figures of roses, adoring the patterns they had made. Flowers didn't usually bloom in the midst of the cold, so who knew the Snow Queen loved them so much?

It was a big day and they made sure that things were going to go well.

"Elsa, are you alright?" Anna calmly called, noticing her sister staring at the bouquet of flowers nearby.

"Oh, I'm fine." Upon assuring her sister, she continued admiring the lovely flowers next to her. "The flowers-they're beautiful. You're beautiful. I'm really, really happy for you."

She did not lie. As the two sisters shared a glance, they smiled, for they knew that great things were coming in the next few minutes. Elsa had already been proud of her sister for saving her during a handful of situations, and at this point, she gladly volunteered to help everyone in setting up the greatest day of Anna's life.

"Don't you... ever get jealous?"

Slightly taken aback by the question, Elsa inquired, "Jealous of what?"

Anna sighed as she finished doing her bun. "Like, don't you ever want to know how it feels to walk down the aisle and see your, I dunno, your Prince Charming?"

"May I remind you that the last time you fell in love with a prince was-"

"-wasn't the way I thought it would be, and no, no one was expecting that-" Anna groaned in anger, contemplating the things that had happened years ago. "Augh, forget it. But still, haven't you ever thought of getting the love of your-Elsa?"

She glanced around, noticing her sister half-asleep laying on the floor while brushing the flowers on the bouquet.

"She never listens when I talk about romance!" Elsa remained on the floor while listening to her sister's words, pretending to be asleep. Sure, she hated conversations like these, but she loved listening to all the rants Anna could come up from the back of her mind. "Who's she gonna marry, Jack Frost? Sounds like the only guy she'd ever be attracted to!"