Lexa

You reunite with Lexa in the city of light

You were struggling. But the thought of failing made your chest tighten. Everyone in the real world was counting on you to stop A.L.I.E and you didn't know if you could do it. You're younger sister Clarke wanted to go in but being the older sibling you knew you'd never let that happen so here you were, veins full of nightblood, being chased by mind controlled people. There was at least 5 people behind you and you weren't the best fighter, besides what Lexa had tried to teach you in Polis while you were there which wasn't much. "Remember to keep your shoulders back when your arms are up for a harder swing." Lexa gently put her hands on your shoulders from behind you and moved her lips next to your ear. You felt shivers up your body as she whispered more commands into your ear. Trying to remember what she showed you made your heart clench at the thought of the Heda but you shook your thoughts away for the moment. Your sister and friends needed you.

   So you gathered your courage and turned to the closes person to you and you threw your arm out to hit them. They seemed caught off guard that you fought back so you got them pretty good. This caused the others to come at you faster which didn't boat out well for you as you got pushed onto the stairs. You were starting to panic, feeling like you were gonna fail your family when you saw something dark fly over the corner of your eye with a familiar voice. You turned towards the crowd and your heart stopped, "Lexa.." She looked over her shoulder at you and smiled before turning back and fighting. The next minute was a blur, all you could do was stare at the girl you loved, and lost, not even paying attention to your surroundings. That was until it grew quieter and Lexa turned to you. You got up and reached for her, "Lexa," she met you half way and caught your waist. You put your hands on her cheek just to feel that she's really there, and all you can feel is her soft skin just like you always have.

   "I told you my spirit would choose wisely." You feel your eyes tear up and you start to smile. Lexa smiles back quickly before pulling you into a hug which you fall into wishing for this moment since the night she died. She even smelt the same making you hug harder. Lexa then pulled away and met your eyes, "I know," she smiled sadly before turning serious when more shouts were heard. "Come on we have to make it to the city before they catch up." She helps pull you up and grabs your hand. You both start to make your way farther into the city going as fast as you can in your weakened state, Lexa helping you along. You desperately wanted to say something, anything, to her after spending so long having so much to say to her but not being able to. Being with her was enough for now though.

"How do we know where the switch is, I don't know if Raven's figured it out yet or not and we're running out of time." You began to grow concerned, worried about your friends in the outside world. You weren't sure if time was the same in here or not.

   Lexa pulled you out of your thoughts, "hey trust me we're gonna find it and it's gonna be ok alright? Just stay with me." You nodded and took a breathe, "I know, you're right" and continued going on with where she was leading since she knew the city better. A few minutes later though you started to feel light headed and sick. You began coughing not being able to get enough air and tripped. Lexa was quick to catch you and the last thing you saw before darkness was her concerned eyes and her voice in your ears.

   As you began to shake in her arms Lexa was holding your face trying to hold you steady. She knew whatever was happening to you had to do with what was happening to your body out there. She just had to hope your friends were taking care of you.

You felt yourself come back and you saw Lexa's dark eyes once again. Your heart grew looking at her relieved face and you couldn't resist closing the distance between the two of you. Kissing her was just how you remembered. It was like falling in love and heartbreak all in one taste. You savored every second of the kiss till you had to pull away. You locked eyes before the sky starting changing. You looked up at the nightlight turn to day grow dark once again.

"What's happening?"

"It knows we're here, come on we have to hurry."

Lexa seemed to see something familiar because we were off in a new direction. We came close to a tunnel when the crowd starting closing in on us. That's when you spotted a door with a raven on it. "Wait that's it, she did it," you turned to Lexa, "come on we can make it."

"No but you can," she said with pride on her face, "i'll hold them off go!"

Your heart dropped and when she turned to go you pulled her back. "No! Lexa I-I love you please don't." You couldn't handle losing her a second time. Her face mirrored your pained one.

   "I'll always be with you," she then turned and dove into the crowd. You stared for a couple more seconds feeling your heart break even more before swallowing your tears and walking into the door away from the love of your life.