Lexa

Imagine taking the bullet for Lexa

You both didn't think. You can't in some situations. Like this one. You both just ran in, in order to protect Clarke. Your best friend. The gunshots sending terror down yours and Lexa's spines as you ran.
You had a split second as you burst through the door. You saw all you needed in that split second. Titus. Gun. Lexa about to be shot. So, you did what you said you would, you pushed her out of the way, taking the impact instead, right in the middle of your stomach. You just looked, open mouthed as the blood started to seep through the thin material of your shirt.
"Y/N!" Clarke shouted, at your side in an instant as you fell. You started gasping, as you looked down at the wound, blinking away tears of pain. Lexa, rushed from her place where she had been pushed, immediately grabbing your hand within her own and placing them over the wound. She opened her mouth but no words came out. You knew what she was trying to say. You knew in the tremble of her lip and the shaking of her hands. The sheen of tears covering her eyes and the ragged pace of her breaths.

Somehow they managed to move you to the bed, the fur below you providing you with some form of comfort. As close as you can get anyway. Lexa's hand was still tightly entwined with your own, comforting. Clarke stood by your side for a moment, sobbing into your shoulder before kissing your forehead, letting her tears stain your features.
Then Clarke, Murphy and Titus stepped further back, leaving the two of you, taking in the silence. You knew then you weren't making it out of this. You were going to die. And Lexa knew too.
No more sunrises. No more lazy days together, not that she has many. No more kisses, the feeling of her lips pressing against your own. No more nights huddled together when Winter came. No more whispering promises in each others ears. No more hand holding. No more love from each other.
You felt your heart break. You'd leave Lexa alone. She had already lost her love once, first Costia, now you and you felt yourself worry about what would happen. Love is weakness.
She'd fall back into her old habits, walls up, love out, cold and emotionless like all Heda's before her. But Lexa was different. And right now as she looked into your eyes, tears staining her cheeks, you knew that the Heda wasn't here. Right now, she was Lexa. She was a girl who had felt the wrath of the world more than her fair share.
"I love you." You murmured as she stroked your arm. She just swallowed roughly and shook her head. The oncoming darkness was fighting to consume you in an everlasting sleep. But Lexa always made you lose sleep. And this, would be no different.
"Loving me has killed you." She sobbed. You took deep breaths to continue talking, wincing with the pain as it increased.
"Loving you, Lexa, has never made me feel more alive. Believe me when I say that. Love wasn't what killed me. Love is not weakness, love is your greatest strength, you know that." You leaned so you brushed against her, her breath hitching as the tears wracked her body and gasps made her shake.
"Not when my love is about to die."
Your life was meant to flash before your eyes, that's what they said. And that's what you got. And that's what Lexa got too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This imagine isn't mine, credit to tumblr