[ wrath - blissful moment. ]

Start from the beginning

your thoughts trailed off to somewhere stupid.

that's stupid, no way he'd do that.

but.. we can only try, right?

"s-satan?" you looked up, and satan looked down.

"si-since you're reading that book, i-i was wondering if-" you were cut off with an answer you never expected, but you were relieved.

"it's okay, [ name ]. i'll read it to you." satan nodded, that feeling came again when your name rolled off of his tongue, it felt like an accomplishment for him to say your name.

satan sat next to you, and you started to melt under his touch, leaning over to him, and laying your head on his chest.

you felt his heart beat racing, you didn't know why, though.

"are you comfortable?" satan's voice was next to your ear, and you shivered in surprise.

"m-mhm..." you close your eyes, and try not to think about not child safe thoughts.

satan started to speak, and you slowly fell asleep to his voice, and the quiet heart beat of his.

"even if this blissful moment will last only this day, i'll still remember you as the best. okay?" satan's words rang through your head, as you fell into a deep slumber.

it was one of the best moments you've ever had.

it was another blissful evening.

yet, you always knew.

it was only a

blissful moment.

you woke up, and your body was underneath the heavy blankets.

you weren't at the library, so who..?

your face flushed, thinking of the only person there when you fell asleep.

ah.. i should thank him.

you didn't want to get up, though. you just thought of satan carrying you over to your bed, sliding the warm and heavy blanket on you.

gah, does this really count as a blissful feeling?? i'm literally about to think impure thoughts.

you sigh, and get out of the bed, and freshen up.

you walk outside of your bedroom, closing the door and walking to the dining hall, you saw everybody, but your eyes locked onto satan.

you waved to him, and he nodded.

"how was your sleep? you fell asleep on me, so i had to carry you to your bedroom, i hope i didn't cause any discomfort..?" satan asked.

"nope! slept like a log." you smiled, and satan nodded.

"ah, i'm glad." satan gave you a slight grin, before eating.

ah.. is he going to mention me sleeping on him?? bro, that was hella embarrassing! :(

"so-sorry for sleeping on you." you laughed at yourself.

"oh, that's okay. that's why we look out for each other, we're best friends, after all." satan smiled.

you weakly smiled, but nodded.

"mhm.." you stopped smiling.

ah.. so he just wanted to help.. nothing more.

you shook your head, and sighed.

"well, i'm full." you pushed your plate aside, and watched as beel snatch a piece of your food, he actually stole the whole plate. not a piece.

you stood up, and walked over to your room.

as you walked to your room, it felt like a never ending hallway.

you thought about some things along the way.

of course, it wasn't never ment to be.

it was only a blissful moment.

you'd sigh, and look up at the ceiling.

"even if this blissful moment." you stopped, blinking a couple of times, feeling water rise.

"even if this blissful moment will last only this day.. i-i'll.." your voice started to crack.

"i'll.. still remember you as the best." you felt warm liquid trail down your cheek, to your chin.

"o-okay..?" you spoke out.

"[ name ]..? why're you crying?" a voice rang out.

"h-huh?" you turned around, and a familar male was standing there.

"l-lucifer?" you croaked.

teehee ( )
mega plot twist
although probably it was a bit too obvious (;'ٹ')