Horizons (Full Chapter)

"Y/n, girl, do me a quick favour and pretend like it's your birthday today." B/f/n whispered lowly into her phone. I sighed on the other end of the line, unknowing of what the pinkette was currently going through.

I just woke up from the abrupt sound of my phone ringing. I was too groggy to check the caller id and just picked up, wanting to tell whoever called to leave me alone. However the person turned out to be B/f/n so I cleared my throat. I assumed that my best friend was putting me on speaker so I prepared my act.

"B/f/n! You promised me that we'd go out for my birthday~," I started, dragging out the last word with a whine that I learned to perfect over the years of being friends with B/f/n. "What happened to the promise that you'd treat me to boba?" I whined out.

"Sorry girl, I wish I could but my dad's holding me back again." After hearing that sentence I knew that B/f/n wanted to escape from whatever crazy plan her dad set up. So, I decided to attack his soft spot, his personality.

"Wow, he's such a jerk. It's been so long since we last met up and now he's keeping you away from me? On my birthday? I'll never forgive him!" I huffed out in anger. I smirked a little, hearing a man's voice talking to B/f/n. Truth be told, today's not my birthday. However, B/f/n's dad cares very little for his daughter's friends that he doesn't remember anyone's.

"I'm sorry, honey. Go spend time with your friend, I'll sort something out." My smirk grew bigger upon hearing that out plan was a success. I could also imagine the pinkette grinning ear to ear glad that she was open to do whatever for the day.

"Thank you!" With that, I assumed her father ran off to do whatever needed to be done. "Thanks Y/n." B/f/n breathed out minutes later.

"Yeah yeah, but I wasn't lying when I said you're treating me to boba." I laughed out.

"What?" She exclaimed.

"You owe me for that stunt we just pulled, plus wouldn't your dad get suspicious?" I hear B/f/n groan out and I knew she caved in. I was happy I was going to get a free drink.

"Fine fine. Let's head to Horizons then. A friend of mine said they're still open." I smiled in relief and started bubbling with excitement. I then started going through my closet, trying to find an acceptable outfit for pictures. Fake birthday meant pictures so her dad would believe it.

"Sounds like a plan. Meet you there." I said. B/f/n hung up and I pulled out an article of clothing. I decided on an off shoulder black romper with a floral pattern with black flats to match. I also grabbed a pair of black sunglasses  who's frame was shaped like large cat eyes. I grabbed a sling bag that matched the colour of the flowers and headed out.

I set out feeling much better dressed than the last time I went out to Horizons with B/f/n. I wondered about what outfit she would pull into. My question was answered soon enough when I arrived at the cozy cafe seeing B/f/n sitting on a table on the right side.

She sat there sitting with her legs crossed sipping her milk tea. The pinkette wore a knee length black skirt with a collared white shirt. It was topped off with a brown jacket that matched with her brown heels. Her hair was pulled into a messy bun which didn't actually look messy.

"Well someone's looking fancy." I called out as I slid into the chair across my best friend. She laughed and placed my own milk tea in front of me. I hummed happily as I took a sip of the beverage.

"I just got out of a fancy date thanks to you. Plus I was too lazy to change out since I put a lot of effort getting into this skirt."

"Ah, so that's why you wanted me to pretend that it was my birthday."