Where We Left Off

Author's note: some of you may be wondering why I chose to tie in the Midori timeline into the ending of Hero's Kingdom, and the simple fact is it's because Midori the Rabbit was so well received. The premise of this world came from the 3rd closing and was teased in the original fic. I wanted to incorporate that while also giving fans a little extra on what happened between the timelines. Another thing was I didn't change the names of the characters so it made more sense for it to be Izumi's dream rather than the exact movie itself.

That being said...enjoy!

The theater was rich with the smell of popcorn in the air. Couples, families, friends and the single fanatics all clustered in, getting their snacks before showtime. On the television screens above the snack bar trailers for upcoming movies streamed even though their audio was muffle by the buzz of people. Izumi took it all in with a gentle smile, her outfit of the day a simple black skirt and frilly white blouse. She braided her hair over her shoulder and put in a silver butterfly pin behind her ear to offset the shaved side and bandage that covered the scar marring her temple.

"Wow it's been awhile since I've been to the movies." She glanced back at her dates with a smile. "Thank you guys for coming with me."

"Don't mention it." Shoto smiled and Bakugo just shrugged.

"I wasn't doing anything important." He played off coolly. In actuality he wanted to make sure she was okay. The doctor said that there was a likelihood she could slip unconscious again if she wasn't careful. He was here to make sure that didn't happen. "Listen up Usagi, if you even look like you're gonna pass out I'm hauling you back to the hospital. Got that?"

"Yeah Kacchan, I get yah." She laughed and ran up to get in line for the concessions. Shoto watched her then looked down at the tickets.

"Katsuki..." He spoke and had Bakugo jumping and twitching at him.

"What did you call me?"

"Your name..." He handed him one of the tickets. "Go find us some good seats. I'll pay for the concessions."

"Tch," Bakugo took the ticket then held it out like a warning. "Just because we called a truce, doesn't make us friends."

"I think it should. We made Izumi a promise that if she pulled through-"

"I know what we promised...but she knew we were lying."

"I wasn't...I don't want to fight with you anymore Katsuki. I want us to be friends, because I know you're a good person and you care for Izumi. We've spent time together in that hospital room and got to know each other more than we ever did in school."

Bakugo lowered the ticket and shifted uncomfortably.

"Yeah I guess you're not as bad as I thought either."

"So we're in agreement then? No more trying to win Izumi over? We just enjoy our time with her and each other?" Shoto offered a smile.

Bakugo grunted in response.

"I can't agree to that last part...but I will agree to the first. I'm sick of arguing and putting Usagi through it."

"Agreed..."

"Hey is that the lucky hero, Usagi?" The two heard a random voice and tensed up glancing in that direction.

"Hey yeah! Isn't she the rookie hero working with All Might right now? She's so hot." Three boys huddled together ogling Izumi as she eyed the candy rack.

"I don't know, she kinda looks plain to me. Got a nice bod though."

"Right? Fit girls are sooo my type. I'm gonna go introduce myself and ask her to join us. Nothing hotter than taking a female hero as a playmate."