"what do you mean?"

"jisoo.." jungkook then let go of the hug and glanced at her before speaking. "we're sorry for getting mad at taehyung.."

"i thought you're already okay?" jisoo frowns as she glanced at taehyung who only smiled.

"yes, but," jungkook couldn't continue what he was trying to say and it was only then chaeyoung took a step near her again to explain. "we.. still can't forget what his father did.."

"but he wasn't the one who-"

"i know.. we know, jisoo," chaeyoung stopped her. "but that doesn't mean we could be with taehyung in a flash. we know he didn't do anything wrong, jisoo.. it's just that.. we still remember.. everything.."

"what?"

"just.. give us.. time.." jungkook slowly mumbled. "time, jisoo.."

"i don't get it, you know taehyung had nothing to do with it, right? then why is he affected-"

"ji, it's not that easy," chaeyoung says and her eyes began tearing up again. "we love taehyung, we really do.. but seeing the circumstances for now.. we really can't attain to be with him-"

"but-"

"just this time, jisoo," jungkook firmly said. "this time. we're not mad.. just.. give us time.."

jennie then slowly held jisoo's shoulder to tap her two times, smiling as the latter glanced at them. "i think they're right.."

"uh.. you guys want to eat? i'm hungry!" lisa screams just for the atmosphere to at least lighten up. rest of her friends glanced at her and taehyung remained standing at the back, just watching them.

"are you going with us?" jungkook asked her, but she still stood there straight, glancing at taehyung.

by that, jungkook smiled and mumbled, "i understand.."

then she saw him giving taehyung a nod, before walking towards lisa. he also gave jisoo a sad smile, followed by chaeyoung who whispered, "i'm sorry.." to her and taehyung.

"let's go?" jennie asked her, also glancing at taehyung. "breakfast.."

"i.. i think i need to talk to taehyung for a minute," she says, earning a glance from the quiet taehyung.

"alright, i'll be downstairs," jennie smiled. "and taehyung, just so you know," she stopped before giving taehyung a small, but comforting nod. "no one blames you.."

"thank you," he only whispered, then let jennie walk away and wave at them as she closed the door at the rooftop.

"ji.."

"are you okay?" she immediately asked, walking towards taehyung. but the latter slowly cupped her face, raising it a little to meet her gaze.

"better than okay," he stared at her brown orbs, his eyes glistening as he met hers.

"but taehyung-"

"jisoo, listen," he then breathed heavily, like the words he was going to drop would hurt him more than anything in the world. "you.. you can go with them.."

"huh?"

"you can go with them if you want, jisoo. they're your friends-"

"taehyung what are you saying?!" she tried to take his hands away from her face but he didn't even budge.

"i'm fine.."

"no, why are you even trying to push me away?" her brows furrowed as she glared at him. taehyung then only gave her a soft smile, finding her annoyed face adorable.

"i'm not pushing my baby away," he says gently. "i just don't want her to be torn in choosing between her friends and-"

"taehyung," she scolded wholeheartedly, earning a small chuckle from him.

"look, i can be selfish if i want to but i don't want to take you away from them. they are your friends, your family, your source of happiness-"

"but that doesn't mean i'll throw you away!"

"baby, i know you won't but-"

"taehyung, listen to me," this time, it was her who cupped his cheeks just so she could stare at him lovingly, even guiding him to bend down for them to meet each other's eyes.

"i'm not gonna take sides," she whispered. "but i won't leave you alone either."

i am ABSOLUTELY sorry
for not updating. been thru
a lot but i hope this chapter
helps! i'll go & try to update
again. i'm v v sorry bubs,
ily 🥺
later.