We sat on the couch and I just sat there awkwardly as I played with my hands.

"I'll go get my parents." He says before leaving us with some drinks.

I grabbed the cold iced tea and took a sip, it calmed my nerves down a bit. Placing the cup down, we see other figures enter the room.

"Koutaro? What's going—Ara, I didn't know we had guests." The woman said as he was being pushed gently by Bokuto.

Dad and I both nodded at the couple in front of us, all three of them sat down in front of us and I could feel my heart beating.

I looked at the two middle aged couple in front of me and I intake their features.

The woman had a soft and kind look on her face, she looked at me with curiosity and confusion. I looked over to the male beside her and his features held the same kind look as the woman.

"Nice to meet you, both. We have a private matter we'd like to discuss with you, if that is alright?" Dad asked as he held his hand out towards the two adults.

"Ah, yes, of course.." The woman said as she and her husband shook my Dad's hand.

Dad sits back down and grabs something from his book bag, he pulls out multiple papers out and to my guess, they were my files.

He sets them down onto the coffee table that was in between us, he pushed it towards them and the couple looks at it with confusion.

"In the year of (year you were born), I adopted a few month old baby girl. (orphanage you were from) was the orphanage I took her from." Dad explains looking at the couple straight in the eyes.

"I heard that you gave up your daughter in the same year to the same orphanage." Dad said, the couple looks at my father with surprised and guilt written on their features.

"Y-Yes, we did. The pain from giving her away is still etched onto my heart." The woman says smiling sadly.

"We were having problems with our financial situation and we were scared that we couldn't provide her the right necessities." The man says as he held his wife's hand tightly.

"We gave her away to the orphanage that was near here and hoped that they could take care of her for some time before our problem was solved." The man tells us as he looks at his wife sadly.

"B-But, when we were finally financially stable..We tried to get her back, but we heard the heartbreaking news of her that she got adopted..." The woman said as she hold back a sob.

I looked at the two, I could feel how hurt, in pain, and guilty they were. The heartbroken look in their eyes were as clear as day.

The way they talked about her was as if they lost a great treasure, which was understandable since they lost their child.

But, it just proved that they weren't abandoning her, they just wanted her to live a life without any problems. But they couldn't give her that, yet.

Dad looks at the two with a soft kind smile, he motions towards me and the two made contact with my (e/c) eyes.

"My name is Rintarou Hinata, and this is my daughter (Y/n), the same girl I adopted. We think that she's the girl you gave away." Dad announced towards the two.

The couple froze, they looked at Dad then at me. They were taking in my appearance, all of my features, and every little detail on me.

"W-What makes you think that..?" The woman softly says as she looked at my Dad.

"Koutaro, did you know about this?" The woman questioned as she faced her son.

"I-uhm..yeah. (Y/n) and I met a few weeks back, Kuroo and Akaashi kept saying how we looked alike and the fact that (Y/n) was adopted just made me question." Bokuto says as he played with his fingers.