05 | Girl Time

05 • Girl Time.

"Fuck you, bitch" I laugh, dashing after her. "Been there, done that!" She hollers back, laughing. Nadia rolls her eyes at Sunshine and I.

"You two are idiots. Stop it or we'll get kicked out of the mall" she says. Sunshine and I pout "okay" I throw an arm around each of their shoulders.

"What shall we do? The movie doesn't start for another..." I check my phone "half an hour" Nadia beams.

"I heard there's a new bookstore somewhere around here" Sunshine and I agree instantly "let's go!"

We spend the next half an hour in the bookshop. Nadia walks out with two books, Sunshine with eleven and me, well, I walk out with exactly twenty-three books I know I shouldn't have bought because not only am I super broke but I also have about sixteen books at home I have yet to finish.

Spencer is going to murder me. "Shit! The movie is starting!" I grab Nadia and Saahirah's hands and we dash all the way to the theatre.

We get there, out of breath and red in the face and flash the baffled usher charming smiles as he takes our tickets. He takes our tickets with a friendly smile but dead ass grins as he takes Nadia's ticket.

Sunshine and I share a nod.  She drags Nadia into the theatre "I'm gonna get some popcorn!" I call out. When I know they're out of earshot, I turn to the boy.

"Hey, kid" I say, even though I know he's probably at least a year older than me. "Y-yes?" He stutters out adorably.

I can't help but pinch his cheeks "aww you're so cute" he blushes "what's your name?" I ask "Wesley Carlyle" he says. I nod "are you a serial killer?" I ask, very seriously "n-no!" He exclaims.

I nod "any weird obsessions?" He blushes redder "does anime count?" He squeaks "boi, I like you already. Anime be life" I nod "you're not a creepy stalker?" I ask for good measure.

He shakes his head "take your phone out" I instruct "w-what?" He asks "Jesus Christ, your phone, kid. Don't worry, I'm not robbing you" I roll my eyes.

He takes his phone out. I grab it from him. "No password. You're either really trusting or really dumb" I snort. I type in the number I know by heart and hand it back to him.

"That is my best friend's, the girl you were staring at, number. Text her. Ask her out. Don't be a fucking wuss. My number is there too. Text me if you need help. If you're anything less than a gentleman, I'll kill you. Capiche?" I snap my fingers.

He nods rapidly "yes. Thank you" I nod, patting his shoulder "no problem. Also, invest in a password" then I turn around to get popcorn.

I find our seats and hand everyone their respective snacks and drinks "what took you so long?" Nadia asks. I shrug "there was a line" I reply. Sunshine smiles brightly at me and I nod back at her. We're great friends!

___________

519 words.