This Girl is on Fire!

"What do you mean the TVA is coming?" Loki asked. "Perhaps you are just stressed about what you need to do and it's getting to you...."

"I'm not making this up! Why don't you believe me? I have never led you astray before. They are coming."

Loki raised an eyebrow, "I am not saying you have or that you are lying. However, if they were coming, they would have already. Do you know how long you were unresponsive?"

That gave me pause, "Twenty minutes at most."

Titus laughed, "Try more than half a day. Mostly you didn't respond but twice you went completely berserk. Two people made the mistake of trying to touch you. Your eyes glowed, your hair and hands caught fire, for a moment no one could even look at you. Three people burst into flames just by looking at you. The two people unfortunate to touch you got a worse fate. As soon as they touched you their body parts were teleported to different places, completely separated. We're still cleaning up that mess. Honestly how we got you to that chair is beyond me."

How he talked about what I did to his men did not sound like he was mad. In fact, Titus sounded elated. It was as if he just watched his favorite show and could not wait to watch the next season.

"Did your men survive?" I asked.

"Nope." He answered cheerfully. "They didn't stand a chance. It was wonderfully chaotic. Of course, they knew what they signed up for, working for me. We all enjoyed the chaos, didn't we?"

The men and women that were around us all nodded and grinned in agreement and I realized that they were not just doing it to please their boss. They genuinely enjoyed the chaos I just caused. That is when I hit another realization that you would have thought I would have come to after all this time being here with them. I tend to be extremely dumb at times. What can I say? It's a talent.

Several people there were related to Cien and Set but mostly very very very distantly. Most of them did not even know their boss was a relative. Titus was still my closest relative there, but it was weird to think that some of these mercenaries were related to me.

They were either slightly or completely insane. Or they felt a draw to chaos, some people just like to watch the world burn. But I could sort of understand the draw. Don't tell me you haven't ever laughed at a video of someone running into a pole or other slapstick humor. Everyone has at some point. Poems and music are another chaotic way of expressing oneself. Chaos is not necessarily evil, but it can tend to lean in that direction especially when pushed by society to be that way. A lot like Loki, now that I think about it.

Loki said, "What Titus was trying to say, is that if the TVA were coming, they would have already come."

"You don't know the TVA like I do. Can we talk somewhere where there isn't a crowd?" I sensed that there was someone among us who should not be. I pulled Titus aside and whispered into his ear, "One of your people is not who they say they are. One of them isn't with us, if I were you, I'd find out who."

He raised an eyebrow but that was the only indication he gave that something was wrong.

He shouted, "Gather everyone into the courtyard, the war is beginning!" Then he said to me, "Why wait? I can kill two birds with one stone."

Several cheered and headed to the courtyard spreading the word to gather there as Loki and I moved to a private room.

"What was that out there?" He asked.

"You were wondering why the TVA wasn't here yet if they were coming? Well, they are here. I believe that the reason why they are keeping a low profile is because we have so many Infinity Stones, that they can't pinpoint which reality we are going to take. Each stone is determining completely different realities."