Here's Loki!

Let me backtrack just a little bit. How did I get in the predicament of Loki chasing me?

I was at the British Museum. My grandpapa had donated artifacts that had been in my family for centuries. He figured that more people would benefit from them in the museum than on our shelves collecting dust at home. The museum was having a little dedication for them, and naturally, we were invited.

I was worried that they would not have it due to the coronavirus, but they agreed that this would be the last event they would hold for the foreseeable future. They would only allow fifty in attendance which was small compared to the crowd this type of event usually would have garnered. Usually, these events at the museum drew hundreds. Also, it was how I was celebrating my 18th birthday, so I may or may not have pulled a few strings to make sure it still happened. I mean a person only becomes an adult, in human years, once. You may think that was irresponsible of me to use certain, um, influences with a pandemic going on. In my defense, the pandemic was not as bad at the time, and England was still largely practicing herd immunity. So, please do not judge me. Back to the museum, yes?

My grandpapa was wearing the broach that my grandma gave him before she died. He wore it at any formal/special event or day. Grandpapa's smile seemed to light the exhibit, he always loved to give to the community, and his love for history had no bounds.

"Duckling look, that's the actual Rosetta Stone! I asked if it was just the replica because they sometimes put it in the vault for its protection, but they have the original one out. Isn't that amazing?" he pointed out the large slab of stone. "The stone that allowed non-heirs to understand Egyptian!"

"Grandpapa, I know. I come here all the time!" I laughed. "Hey how about we join everyone else? It looks like they are about to serve the cake."

My stomach growled in agreement.

"In a moment, Duckling. There is just one more thing I want to look at. I think I have something just like it... But if you want to go join the others you may."

"Nah, I'll wait by the stone."

He disappeared around a bend. For what seemed to be the thousandth time I studied the stone. To me, it all seemed to be saying the same thing, three times, in one language. Of course, I knew that there was more than one, but it made no difference to me. Languages have a strong tie to emotion, so being the Emotion Stone I understand them all.

I heard a thud and then a groan where my grandpapa disappeared. I looked to see if there was anyone else around that could have made the noise. After a couple of minutes, I determined that it could not be anyone else other than grandpapa.

"Grandpapa?"

I started to head toward where he disappeared when he came around the bend. He walked with a determined stride. When I heard the thud, I was sure he had hurt himself. However with how he was walking it was probably nothing.

"Grandpapa are you alright? I heard a thud and a groan . . ."

He stumbled slightly in his step like he was startled that I was there.

However, he quickly recovered saying, "Oh yes, I'm fine I just tripped and fell a little bit.  I'm fine now."

He smiled reassuringly.

Taking his arm, I shook my head, "Well I guess I'll have to go with you next time. I want to be there to catch you if you fall again. You're way too old to be falling all the time."

I gave him a joking smile.

"Me? Old? Never!" he gasped in mock offense.

I just laughed. I loved to tease Grandpapa constantly and he loved doing the same to me. It was one of the many things I loved about our relationship, we both had a sense of humor. As I turned back toward him I noticed that his broach was missing and stopped in my tracks.