Chapter 1 - The New Guardian

A/N: So, this is my first story in a long time. Just a reminder that this story is set after the end of season 3 and it completely ignores the specials and anything else that has come out recently. This is because I started writing this story before all of the new stuff. Anyways, I'll shut up so you can read. Hope you enjoy the first chapter! :) 

❤︎❤︎❤︎

Marinette was exhausted. She was so stressed about being the new Miraculous box holder. Her and Chat had set up a patrol schedule in case anybody was in danger and because Hawkmoth knew the identities of all the miraculous holders except them so he could potentially attack them.

Marinette had just come back from the Seine where she had been eating ice cream together with her friends. She had been sitting with Luka and she had to admit it was a nice afternoon with him. Still, all the things going through her head had kept her from feeling properly happy or relaxed.

Just before Marinette had gone to the Seine she had brought Master Fu to the train station and said goodbye to him. She had already been on the verge of tears before she had gotten to the locker he had given her the key to. When she opened it she couldn't hold her tears back anymore. She had started sobbing silently in the locker room, unseen and unheard, all alone. The letter had been heart wrenching yet lovely. She understood why Master Fu had done what he did but that didn't make her any less sad or worried.

Marinette had gone back home to clean her self up a bit and bring back the miraculous box. The new guardianship was already weighing on her shoulders. She had to find a place to safely hide the box so no one could find it.

When she was done, she headed to the Seine where her friends were waiting for her. She had gone to get an ice cream from André and then went to sit next to Luka.

No one seemed to realise her pain and sadness. Marinette took that as a good sign: if no one asked her about anything she wouldn't have to lie to cover the truth.

Soon it was turning dark, everyone was tired from the fight that day, wether mentally, physically or both and most people started heading home. When almost everyone had left, Marinette stood up.

"Wait, Marinette," Luka had called out to her. She stopped and looked expectantly at him.

"I wanted to tell you that..." He hesitated "That I like you. As more than a friend."

Marinette was shocked, Luka likes me? She stood there, momentarily frozen.

"I-I know you like Adrien but..." He trailed off.

Marinette looked away. Today really isn't my day huh? "Luka... I'm sorry. I can't return your feelings until my own are clearer," She looked down, "I'm really sorry."

He tried to reassure her, "It's okay, I'll wait for you," He smiled at her.

She faked a smile back and turned around walking home.

As soon as she arrived she dropped on her bed and hugged the cat plushy on her bed. She knew she had to control her emotions to avoid akumas but she couldn't help the tears slipping down her cheeks. She was overwhelmed. Too many things had happened that day; Master Fu had left, possibly forever and now she's the miraculous box guardian. Luka had confessed his love for her and she had to turn him down.