Chapter 26 - Our Ending

A/N: I'm so so so sorry it took so long for me to publish this chapter! It's the summer holidays for me and I was travelling from place to place and never had enough time to write a lot. Plus I can't get into my account on my laptop so I had to publish this on my phone. Anyways, I'll shut up with my excuses so you can read the chapter.

UPDATE: I'm back on my laptop and fixed the writing. Good reading!

❤︎❤︎❤︎

Adrien was carrying another box from the moving truck to inside the apartment. Once he walked all the way to the third floor and got to the door he placed the box on the floor and reached for the door handle. Just before he could open it the door flew open revealing a panting Marinette.

Adrien smiled, "I've told you, I can open the door by myself, Princess."

"I know, I know but I want to help!" Marinette reached for the box that was still on the floor next to Adrien.

"No, no, no," Adrien stopped her hand and took it to him, kissing her knuckles. "A gentleman doesn't make his Lady carry things for him."

Marinette giggled, "But it's not that heavy!"

Adrien shook his head, "I'm still bringing it."

Marinette pouted jokingly, "Fine! I'll go find another box to carry." 

Adrien chuckled as he watched Marinette disappear into the elevator. Finally, he picked up the box that was still on the floor next to him and brought it inside, placing it with the other boxes. No later Marinette came stumbling in, carrying a heavy box. In her hurry of placing it down she tripped over a smaller box that was standing next to the door. Before she or the box could reach the floor Adrien ran over to her catching the box in his hands and Marinette in his arms.

"See, I told you that I should carry the boxes," Adrien told Marinette as he let go of her.

"I- But that wasn't fair! I didn't know there was a box in front of the door!" Marinette complained as she regained her balance.

Adrien chuckled but at seeing Marinette's frown he stopped. "Come on, Princess. We're almost done. I'll help you with the next one, okay?"

Marinette nodded, grabbing Adrien's hand and dragging him down the stairs after her.

The couple brought in the rest of the boxes together this time, always taking the stairs as Adrien wished. Once they were done, they slumped down on the couch which was brought in by Nathalie and one of the movers earlier. Nathalie wasn't helping anymore since she had to go sign some documents confirming that she would become the legal guardian of Adrien.

Adrien sighed silently, his smile dropping. Marinette noticed and gave him a tight hug. "Come on, what do you want to do now? How about getting lunch? Maybe we could go to the bakery for lunch? Or would you like to go-"