After a few steps back I realized it was the end and I was pinned against the wall with him in front of me close. My heartbeat was racing and I was getting nervous with him so close.

I took deep short breaths as he leaned his face a little closer. I could feel my cheeks redden because of the little distance left between us. His beautiful eyes were locked on me and he was drowned in his thoughts. He was scanning my face up and down and I tried to move my stare away from him. After a few moments, he whispers."You won't go to that party."

Okay, now it's confirmed. He is jealous. When he spoke it felt like his voice, his scent intoxicated me all at once but I won't let him control me. He can be the boss here not everywhere else.
"I see what this is? Is it. Wait."
I take out my phone and dialed his number. He looked at me confused."What are you doing?"

"Wait and watch. Hello Ron. It's Skyler."

"Yes, Skyler."

"I called you to inform you that I would love to come to the party."

"I am delighted you could make it. I was about to text you the address."

"See you at 8."
I hang up the call and look at Shane. He was fuming with anger. I stood in front of him with my arms crossed. His jaw tightened and his fists clenched. He was furious. He said raising his eyebrows."You didn't."

"Oh yes. I did."

"You have a habit to not listen to me. I told you once and I won't repeat." He growled. I don't understand his problem. Why is he behaving like this?

"You may be the boss of me at work but not outside work," I said back glaring at his eyes. If he thinks he can control me. He is wrong.
"I won't let you go there."

"You will see my head out at 7:30."

"Fine" I stomp my foot to the ground and left the room. I saw Tyler walk into his room as he waved at me but I ignored him.

I didn't Shane after that. I started preparing for the meeting and we met in the conference room. In the meeting, Shane and I shared a few glances and I looked away from him. He was pissed at me and I was loving to see him jealous.

After work, I went back home early. I took a shower and put on my best dress. Later I put on some eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. After I was ready I gave my grandma her medicines.

I booked a cab from my phone and went downstairs waiting for my cab. After a few minutes of waiting when a familiar car parked in front of me. The person inside pulled down the glass window.

It was Shane. He was wearing a white shirt and a navy blue coat and jeans. This was the first time I saw him in his casuals other than the dream I had. He looked so much better than in my dreams. He was looking strikingly handsome. I couldn't take my eyes off him but wait what is he doing here?

"Get in." He says and I obey him.
I got in the car and then before I could say or ask him anything.

"I am going with you." He asserts. That's why he didn't argue much when I said I was going to the party but how did he know when I was to leave. Shit! I am so stupid. I told him myself that I was about to leave."I don't remember Ron inviting you."

"Ron won't mind his boss joining him." He says confidently with a smirk plastered on his face.
"I am not agreeing to this."

"You don't have a choice." What does he mean by I don't have a choice?  I say back."I do have a choice."

"Remember you owe me one for saving you. You promised you would do anything I say. So Skyler, Let me come with you to the party."
He knows how to get his thing done. I didn't know he can be this smart. I didn't expect him to use it like this.