15 Of Land and Sea

"Good evening mer maiden," the prince said.

Well look at what we have here?! She looks... pretty. All for me... And her eyes my god... are practically begging me to take her as my own.. Edmond wondered deviously.

Kai observed the prince, it seemed he got cleaned up for the occasion as well. He shaved. And seemed to be dressed a little more casual, for a prince any way. Her wore black pants and shoes, and a blue leather  tunic.

She nodded

She nodded. "Prince Edmond."

" I have a surprise for dinner!" The prince opened the basket beside him and pulled out a prepared bird with a side of greens. And it was still hot.

"What is it?" Kai asked.

"It's a bird, quail. I wasn't sure if you considered eating fish cannibalism..."

Kai laughed. "No we eat fish... usually trying to only eat the sick or deseased ones. As well as sea plants. I do, however, appreciate the thought."

"Well this will be your first experience with human food. And I want it to be your best. Here." Edmond said handing her a plate.

Kai smelled meat and immediately picked up the entire quail.

Edmond looked at her in disbelief, as he held a fork and knife in each hand. He head never seen a lady with such mannerisms.

"So, I just eat it off the bone like other meat. Correct?" Kai said showing Edmond her position. She was holding the food right but Edmond had something else in mind.

The prince smiled and said with his mouth full, "Yes, but more like, this." He then pushed the quail more towards Kai's mouth, getting the seasonings and grease all over her face.

The mermaid frowned.

Is this normal human interaction? How strange and... teasing. He wouldn't dare. Oh that's hilarious...

"Edmond!" Kai excliamed, half laughing, half groaning, laughing at the foolish thought in her mind. "Where I come from, it is death for even touching another's food without permission."

"So... your not at all offended that I made a mess of of your features?"

Kai began wiping her mouth with her hands and tasting the remaining seasoning on them. "What do you mean?"

The prince smiled and shook his head. "Never mind."

"Wait what are these?" She asked holding up the knife and fork.

"That is a knife, that is a fork. Use them both together to cut things and then the fork for bringing the food to you mouth. Watch." Edmond cut a piece of his bird with his fork and knife, stabbed his greens,andbrought the food to his mouth.

"I see." Kai said as she tried to maneuver her knife and fork in a similar way.

"No, no mer maiden. You're holding the knife like it's a dagger. Here let me help you." He said swallowing his bite.