20 What Would Mother Say?

"Your mother is dead! And she is not coming back! You only noticed Kai in the first place because of what was on the outside, not the inside!!!"

The men went to talking among themselves try to to distract themselves from the argument in front of them. Ceasar continued.

"Don't you ever try to speak of your Mother in such a dishonorable way! You yourself said you had selfish intentions. Kai was about to become another one of your flings if she hadn't been a mermaid! The only reason I allowed you so many courtships was so you could find someone to share your inheritance with and pass on our titles! Not someone to fool around with while I was at war! I thought I was doing well with you on my own. I knew you were a boy but I thought you were better than that. ClearIy I was wrong. So don't tell me 'what would mother say' I'm a man too!" Silence filled the space between them. Caesar began pacing, trying to take in steady breaths.

By this time it was night fall. Darkness had surrounded them. The only thing that illuminated the deck were the lanterns that hung from posts and the torches held by the crew. The prince was about to retaliate, but then he heard the crashing of the waves. The sea salt spraying his fast gently, somehow calmed him.

"Farher," Edmond said. "I am aware that my actions were foolish. Forgive me. You might judge Kai before you even meet her and her people but do not take it out on her species... they are willing to talk."

Caesar took in a deep breath.

"...Very well son I will talk with them but I will not hesitate to defend my people."

"Understood."

"Now where can I find her son? Do you know where she is?"

"No. She thinks I have betrayed her. She may consider talking to you though."

"Even though I ordered you to kidnap her?"

"Kai doesnt know you ordered it. She can handle herself and can fight you if she wanted to. Start tomorrow..."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
A/N
Alrighty! So we finally see some sort of background on Edmond. Do you love it or hate it? Comment and tell!

And if you like it don't forget to vote!

Feel free to check out my other works such as:

Becoming & Accepting INTJ