25 Day Dreaming

"Kai Marine!" The two young brother dolphins squealed, swimming over to her. They were the pink dolphins that escorted her mother.

The elders scowled in disaproval, but the dolphins remaind oblivious. Soon they had smiles on their faces, due to the adorable conversation that followed. The dolphins circled around their beloved guardian mermaid.

"Look, look! It is the legendary mermaid warriors. And their fearless leader Kai Marine! She is immortal." The young dolphin gossiped.

"Brother...is she a goddess?"

Caesar raised his eyebrows. Is she?... Did my son form affections for a goddess? Or someone considered one? Either way will be advantageous for our people.

The other dolphin giggled "Perhaps. Why do you ask?"

"Becuase she is beautiful and immortal."

"Brother!"

"Boys, please hold your tongues! My appearance is nothing of a goddess and I am certainly not immortal." Kai scolded, softly.

Edmond cocked an eyebrow. She can't be serious...

"Only invincible." Her mother, Pearl, added, causing the two species to luagh.

"I'm not sure if your aware of this but your simultaneously using your telepathy. The humans can hear you." Kai said.

"Oh my! How embarrassing." The dolphins replied.

The crowds laughed again, Kai simply smiled.

"Kai can you please play Diving Rings with us later?..." A dolphin asked shyly.

She grinned.

"Yes. You have my word. Now please, leave us. We have important business to attend to."

The dolphins squealed in excitement and happiness as they splashed away.

"Now, where were we?" Caesar smirked.

Edmond was beside himself, watching Kai take her place among the rocks. He wanted to run to her and be by her side.  Just talk. Or even sing. Anything as long as it was with her.

He watched her survey the crowd. The last time she saw humans unite their countries was during the Marine War. He imagined she would be afriad... afriad of this being another trap.

Her searching eyes finally found him. They made eye contact for a brief moment. The prince sat down and tried to steady his breathing. But the mermaid shut her eyes in disappointemnt and looked away.

He felt a sharp pain in his gutt.
She hates me. So stop staring.

Edmond then began picturing Kai waving at him and twisting a curl that laid on the frame of her face at him like she did when they first met. She batted her lashes at him and waved him over. He began climbing out of the boat, leaning towards the water, but Kai was too impatient. She dove into the water and came up in front of him, his face level with hers. Kai wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him rather aggressively. He could feel the paint on her lips smear his flesh. She pulled away and bit her lip, smirking at him with mischief in her purple violate gaze. She pulled her hair out of its updo and let fall around her shoulders. Then, in one swift motion Kai yanked him into the water by the collar of his shirt and continued loving him deep into the sea. He imagined kissing her like he was drowning and she was air.

Edmond shook the thought out of his head.

UGHHH. This is pathetic. What is wrong with me? You are Edmond William Oric of Faelicity. I'm acting like a love sick adolescent. She looked perfect before and she wasn't wearing any of that lady paint. My god are they trying to torture me? This is too much. Kai looks... irresistible...

Oh boy. Caesar thought looking at Edmond. Son stop staring at her like that! A sly grin spread across Caesar's lips. He's in trouble. I should make it illegal to have such sinful thoughts. He has it bad... Can he make it through? He looks dehydrated.

Kai sat down, she tried to look serious, intimidating, and dignified. That was the mermaid way. However, she couldn't help but notice Edmond out of the corner of her eye...

He had betrayed her, yes he had lied to her. But the Council and her own mother asked if ... she mabey had feelings for him... How? Kai wondered. Then she remembered the forms of Weakness in the academy. The lessons tuaght to her by a teacher were from the book.

There was an article about,what was it called? Love? That's it, this love, it makes people do... stupid things. Makes them do anything for one person. How terrible-wait is that what I am? Kai pondered. Am I compromised? This "love" is it contagious?

Kai noticed how the prince was wearing a very nice suit. His usual outfit, but it was trimmed with gold. The navy blue sash was silky, sword was shined and sharpened as were his shoes. Edmond's bouncy dark hair was gelled and cleaned. Becuase he shaved his chiseled features were more defined and accented. The dark colors in his suit brought out the darkness of his eyes and made hazel ring around his pupils pop.

The way his outfit was tailored, if fitted around his toned body like a glove. It made Edmond look strong. His modest crown was made of the finest gold, it had two circle shaped green gems and in the center was a diamond shaped ...diamond. Neither his crown, nor his father's looked like the crowns Kai had heard about in human stories. They were simple, yet masculine golden bands around their heads, with unique jewels on each of them, displaying power and authority.

Edmond looks deep in thought. Probably thinking about what a fool I am for trusting him. How gullible I was. Kai thought.

Stop thinking about him. You're becoming obsessed. Wait...was he just looking at me? Gosh there you go again. Calm yourself Kai!

Kai snapped back into reality. The Council had just introduced themselves to the humans. The humans were now doing the same.

"I am Caesar Henry Oric, Emperor of Faelicity. These are my most trusted advisors. And this is my son Prince Edmond. He was the one to convince me to meet with you." Edmond rose.

"We would like to introduce Kai, she convinced us to do the same." Kai kneeled.

Don't embarrass yourself. Kai continued talking to herself in her head.

Stop sweating, your a mess! Edmond thought.

Both Edmond and Kai bowed at the same time to show respect for both beings. They then returned to their seats.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

A/N

They both are falling hard! But will they admit it?

FYI.   I had Kai kneel becuase she doesn't have legs so she's actually standing on her "knees"
...if that makes any sense

♡Comment if you think they should or if you would
♡Vote if you loved it
♡Read on if you want a possible happy ever after...