30 Nightmares~ Part 2

#2
^Kai's Bed Sheets Above ^
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Kai don't ever say that agian. That is an order. Understood? You are ill, it will pass."

Kai gave him a weak smile before staring down at her lap. She looked over at the staff gathering at the chambers entrance and immediately noticed the bandages covering them. Suddenly, she was aware Edmond was still sitting on her. Kai could feel the weight of his body on her, and she, pressed against his sculpted abdomen... his arms wrapped around her fragile frame.

How strange... I never realized how strong and firm his structure was. He is quiet acceptable and ... masculine. Yet his touch is carefull, usually. How ironic.

This handsome human sculpture was extremely close to her. She could feel his warm breath against her forehead. And people were watching! Kai felt her face heat up in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry for any damage and distress I may have caused." Kai said to them.

Edmond nodded to his servants and they immediatly filed out of the room.

She looked back to Edmond and let a hand slide down to his chest. The prince felt his breath hitch. He closed his eyes and leaned his forehead to hers again. The prince wanted to claim his lips to hers so badly at that moment, but Kai was oblivious, and in a fragile state. He knew he must resist her once again, although she made it difficult. Kai traced the tears in his shirt, feeling the cut skin underneath with her fingers. Her other hand did the same on his lips and chin. Kai's gentle touch felt soothing on his toned and irritated skin.

She was so different from moments ago.

"I'm so sorry. " She whispered.

Just then she felt something graze her cheek. Kai flinched and looked up. Edmond's fingers brushed against the side of her face. Relief from his touch filled her.

" What did I tell you?" Edmond asked, speaking to her if she were a child.

Kia looked up at him sheepishly, her sparkeling violate eyes entrancing his heart.

He smiled at her. "I'm sorry too."

"What for?"

"For betraying you. I was so upset with you and your kind. And I got us into this mess. Although I am human, I lack the most important quality of one. Humanity. I-I hurt you."

"Edmond I forced you!"

He raised an eyebrow.  "No you didn't.  I made a grave mistake!"

"Please do not be in distress becuase of me. After all you have done, how can I deny you and your people forgiveness?"

The prince smiled at her admirably. "Thank you, Kai."

Kai felt him observing her with his intense golden hazel stare. It gave her that heated feeling in her gut again that she couldn't explian.

He is not like the others...

"Will you stop looking at me like that?!" Kai sighed.

Edmond furrowed his eyebrows at her "Like what?"

"Like a stag taking pity on an injured fawn. You don't have to pity me. I can take care if myself."

The prince chuckled. "I wasn't about to leave you to die, I felt it was my responsibility. I worry-"

"Well stop worrying." Kai snapped. "I don't need anything or anyone."

"Pray tell?" The prince replied frustration in his tone.