(2)

Damira

I watch as Soleil's breathing evens out into a deep sleep, the tired lines between her brows now easing out as her dreams take over and the exhaustion creates a heavy blanket over her conscious. It's been two days here in the Faerie Realm and Soleil has taken the days head on. Pushing herself hard. 

Soleil, my little goddess is truly the amazing one. I know she knows about my constant worry, yet she understands not to dig further until I'm ready. Yet, is it okay for me to drag it out further? Have I done the right thing in waiting till the right time? 

I know she needs to be told about what has happened, leading from the time I was brought into this world and my transition to Alpha. What I have done during my time as a young Alpha that has caused so much grief on the island. Why I hated love. Why my mother is the worst person on the planet. 

She needs to know what has happened and to understand, I haven't changed. I want her to understand, that I could potentially hurt her. I understand that she needs to know... and soon. 

You need to tell her. My wolf murmurs. 

She'll hate us. 

You really think that? Because Damira, I think Soleil loves us. She'll understand and accept us. I know it. 

I don't reply, watching the moons light filter through the glass window, the trees waving in the cool evening air. The world is calm but is it true everywhere? The world is different in every corner. No where is the same. For nothing is never the same. Nothing can be the same without having it's differences. Like no twin can be the same, for they both have different personalities. 

Soleil doesn't know about my past. My problem. I've been keeping everything well hidden. Kept my mother well hidden. Yet, the nagging feeling at the back of my head keeps telling me that if I reveal everything, Soleil will never see me as...me. 

It's fucking hard and I'm so afraid. Always have been and always will be. 

"Mira...?" The soft sound of Soleils voice pulls me from my thoughts. My mate turning onto her side, still sleeping. I smile softly, caressing the soft blonde tresses over her shoulder. The small freckles adorning her nose pop under the night light. Even when sleeping, she thinks of me. 

"I love you, Soleil." I whisper, kissing the corner of her lips before leaving the soft bed and out into the cool air. Everyone sleeps still, even the birds high up in the trees. 

Nights like these, I use to spend by the ocean when my mother and father use to sleep. Blissfully unaware that their child use to cry away her weeping into the salty ocean. Not that she would care anyways. My mother loved to see my pain. Drove my heart into a maze, covered in thick icy walls. 

At first I had asked her why she did it to me. 

Its to help train you! You can't be weak, Damira! She had shouted, kicked me into the ground until I couldn't move. But as I grew, as the arguments between my father and her increased, she began to despise me more. 

It's your fault your father and I fight! Just because you were born a girl with monster of a wolf! What a pathetic Alpha you will be!

Going to bed would be a nightmare. She wasn't ever done with me until I was swept away into darkness. When my father would leave for bed early, she would always gag me, tie me against the bed post and whip me naked. The claw marks of her long and treacherous nails left scars no witch could heal. For they were laced with Wolf Bain. 

The pain of her abuse never ended until I claimed the Alpha spot. Declared them banished from my pack. My father, claiming he hadn't known until the very end, begged me to not kill her. I didn't. But sometimes I truly wish I did. 

Baden and Jack, my older brothers were never around to understand my childhood. They wouldn't anyway. They grew up with the pack members, away from that blasted woman. For they weren't hers anyway. 

My father had Baden and Jack with another woman before finding my mother. But you want to know the funny thing? She loved my brothers more than anything. And me? I was the dirt and grime under her feet. 

So from then onwards, I ruled over the Island with harsh laws and caused unwanted problems. Like the Hunt. I had caused the hunters to attack our island. Creating rifts between packs on the island and familys to be ripped apart. I wasn't sure if anyone really respected me anymore. I hadn't cared about any of that before. Not until now. Not until my little goddess came to be on the island. 

My efforts to push away was a fail. Yet, my 100 percent devotion is still lacking. All because I'm afraid. 

I should be confident. I'm an Alpha who has a beautiful and loving Luna. Soleil has been strong and has grown into an amazing woman. But what about me? I'm still the asshole Alpha breaking everything I touch. 

Awwwww this is so sad!! 

We finally get a glimpse on Damira's past! And it is absolutely sad ;( Let us cry for a moment... 

Anyways! Update is actually early because why the heck not! I like surprises hehehehe

Love you all! 

Please let me know what you thought of chapter 2~