(1)

Soleil 

The world is a strange place. Days can go by with luck and some days, you wished it was a bad dream. The world holds so many mysteries, so many weird and wonderful people and things that you wouldn't even notice. 

My days as a human before coming to Howling Island was boring. Unadventurous. If Ethan hadn't ruined our engagement, I would still be stuck in one place. Never moving. Just like how my power works. 

For the last few days, from sunrise sunset, Dia will be drilling history and lessons into my bones until I couldn't see. Damira, my ever loving mate by my side watches off to the side. Her kind smile but distant eyes have a story to tell, yet, is it time? Damira, the green eyed beauty hasn't spoken a word about her troubles, all she cares about is my training and getting back to the island. Not that I blame her, wanting to leave so soon. 

The dwarves who live here, in the never ending valley of green trees and rivers, haven't been as nice as we hoped. To Damira anyway. Huffing through my nose, I scowl up at Dia. The white haired High Queen smirked down at me, her hand glowing gold with her sword in hand. Today, after a few kicks to the ground, Dia has managed to ace me on my self defense with a sword. If I can wield a sword, then I'll be able to wield my own magic sword to plunge into Hecate and recite the ancient spell to send Hecate's soul into Limbo. 

"Oh come on, little goddess! Your not giving up are you?" Dia taunts, the sharp smirk on her lips violent and dangerous. 

"Never!" I hop to my feet, the soles of my heels aching with pressure as I move around the large space of woodland. No one could disturb us here. Just Dia, me and Damira. Oh wait, don't forget Selene who often hovers by Dia's side. 

Dia laughs loudly, swinging her silver sword through her fingers, weaving the sharp edge into the air. I could hear the soft SWISH sound cutting the invisible strings hovering around us. Cutting the tension. "Come. If you can nab me, I'll let you off cooking duties tonight and tomorrow, we can start the bonding training between you and Damira." 

Now that sounded amazing. Not cooking for one night and spending the time relaxing with Damira sounded like the best thing on the planet. Blowing out a tired puff of air, I dig my shoeless feet into the damp dirt, feeling the magic humming softly under us. It was excited as we pushed over our magic limits. Happy to breathe into our source of power and encourage us to keep going. Yet, while it draws more and more energy into my veins, the more my bones, my body wants to sink to the ground and lie there for ages. 

"You can do it, babe! Kick some faery ass!" Damira stands by Selene, pumping her hands in the air like she's a cheerleader with pompoms. I grin, stealing a wink before pushing against the earth and lunging towards the tall white haired High Queen. She makes no move, watching me silently with a tick to her jaw. 

My body aches as I twist, heaving my arm into the air, my little sword slicing the space now between us. Dia, watches my sword clatter over the little bubble space of hers. But I knew what she was going to do next. I could see it before she knew I could. 

Dia, hoping to advance low, rolls under my legs, hoping to swipe me from behind. I grin wickedly as I spin on my heel, kicking my right leg under hers before she could stand. The groan of pain leaves her lips as she thumps down against the damp earth. "Woohoo! Go babe!" 

I smile, flexing the muscles in my shoulders as I watch Dia grumble. "So, I win yeah?" 

"I don't know whether to call your visions cheating or what," she mumbles, eyeing me. "But if it helps you in battle, then so be it." 

Before I could launch into a serious discussion about my future telling, Damira's familiar arms snake around my waist, spinning me in circles. "My mate! Your a total badass!" I hum, placing my hands gently against her shoulders, smiling down at her. The sweat against my neck cooling with the evening wind. 

"Am I now? Wasn't I a total badass before?" Damira catches herself, sputtering. The look on her face is completely priceless! Laughing loudly, I grip her shoulders tightly before kissing her roughly against the lips. Her soft ones, melting against mine as the world around us disappears to give us a few moments. 

The warmth and love she radiates calms my racing heart, my body relaxing after the hard day of training. I groan softly as she bites my bottom lip, the feeling of her wicked grin sending sparks down my spine and into the valley of want. 

However, our moment was ruined when the belly of beasts attack my stomach, calling for dinner time and possibly a bath. Damira grins, poking my side. "My hungry baby." she coos, her eyes alight with amusement. I swat away her tickling hands, pushing away until I land softly down. 

"Come, I need a bath and some food," I pause, watching her eyes darken, the green specks glowing with heat. I tsk lowly, shaking my head. "Such a horn dog. No, you aren't getting any tonight." That earns me a few groans, Damira stomping like a child. 

"Damn. Just you wait, Soleil! I'll have you under me by time we get back to the island." She huffs, taking my hand gently and walks us back towards the dwarf forest. Selene and Dia already way ahead of us. 

"Maybe you'll be under me, honey." I wiggle my brows, leaning into her side. Damira, the proud she wolf she is, puffs out her chest, playing the big bad wolf. 

"I'm the Alpha." 

"Yes, but darling," I get on my toes and lick her ear lobe. "I can already get you wet." With that I run towards the large tree house, leaving my horny mate calling after me, her voice hoarse with denial. I laugh loudly, knowing full well I will be receiving a punishment sooner or later. 

Hi guys! Welcome back! 

And here is chapter 1! I honestly really liked this chapter. It opened the story up and gave us clues as to what we shall be expecting later. 

I really hope I haven't kept you all waiting too long :)

Again, thank you for reading! 

Your honest feedback is most appreciated!