(6)

Damira

I could feel Soleil tremble under my touch, her beautiful eyes focused on the golden glow of the Elder Tree.

The Dwarf people had scattered away in fear, no idea what to do. No one knows what to do. Dia and Selene are quiet and tense. Who is stealing the power of the Elder Tree? Or what? And for what purpose? 

"Its Hecate, she's the one trying to tap into the Elder Trees power. I don't know how, but her magic, I can feel it." Soleil mumbled through tight lips, turning to me. 

"She's here in the Realm of Faeries?" 

"No she's not," Dia stepped closer to the tree. "She's still on Howling Island." But how is she able to reach this side? It should be impossible! Even with the power she holds in the palm of her hand, Faerie magic is much more powerful than the witches. Elves and the Fae have been around since the beginning of time, perhaps when the earth started to evolve and create life. Witches however were created using Fae magic and Muggle born. A Fae and a human thus creating a witch. 

"How is that even possible though?" The question popped over the heads of my companions who are as myself, confused. "Wouldn't she had needed much more power to get through the portal and its protected forces? Especially with dealing with the Elder Tree?" 

"Yes she would have," Dia speaks, anger lining her tone. I watch the anger come off her in waves, her jaw clenched. But her eyes are on someone else. Following her eyesight, I find Soleil walking towards the tree. 

"Soleil, what are you doing?" I ask, stepping forward but Dia's hand clutches my wrist. Looking over, she shakes her head. 

"This son of a bitch doesn't get to take magic that doesn't belong to her." Soleils voice comes out harsh, sharp. Soleil takes a glowing hand and puts it upon a tree root, eyes closed and whispering something in a foreign tongue. 

"Go away!" Soleil raised her voice, eyes widened with a golden glow in her eyes, the same glow her hands had. Gripping the roots, Soleil eyed the tree with fire in her eyes. 

The rumbling coming from beneath the earth stopped and the humming from the tree stopped instantly. We all looked at Soleil, shocked and relieved. What did she just do? As I was about to ask her if she's okay, Soleil stood and turned to us, anger lit all around her. 

"I am done with this bitch. I'm tired of Hecate taking things that aren't hers. This magic belongs to the Fae. My magic belongs to me. So. Let's kick arse. We have 2 days before we get back to the island." 

"Babe..." I frown, but my heart is beating in my chest and the bond between us is vibrating. I can feel her anger, her thirst for more power. And it's scaring me to see that this woman who was innocent and pure is now powerful and full of magic as well as angry. So angry. I don't know how to feel. Soleil slides her eyes over to me, as if my mate isn't actually looking at me, looking through me. 

"Damira. We need to protect our family." To that she walked away from the tree, taking my hand. Slowly her eyes went back to my favourite thing about her. "My mate, my heart. We have to save our family. We need to put an end to this once and for all. I want my daughter to be raised in a safe environment." 

My heart did a double take, flopping around in my chest. "D-daughter?" Soleil gave me a small smile, touching my stomach. She looks at me with much love. 

"Yes. Soon, you will carry our daughter. But before that, we have to destroy the danger." I look at Soleil, searching her face, her eyes which are filled with so much emotion, knowledge and power. And I believe her, love her. Nodding, I peck her on the check, grinning slightly. 

"I don't know why you think were having a girl and why I will be the one carrying, but let's go kick some ass and get back to our family." Ever since she was bathed in the River of Dreams, she has acted a little different. More conscious and alert but more alive. When I had first met her, as a human, I felt like if I asked her to jump off a cliff, she would do it. That it wouldn't matter if she lived or died. But now, she cares for herself and for others. Her family. I smile softly, looking at my mate with pride. 

"I love you." 

"Where did that come from?" She asks, grinning. 

"Just cause." I shrug, looping my arm around her waist. "Come on, we need to find Selene and start training." Looking over at Dia, she's watching us with a frown. 

"She's already at the field. Lets go." Soleil and I follow behind but my mate is quiet. I know that she's feeling the magic under her skin, tossing it around her fingers like she's testing how strong it is. Suddenly her hand grips tight around me. 

"Soleil?" 

"We need to defeat her. Once and for all." The bond between us tighten, both of our resolve strong. 

"Once and for all."