Chapter Three

When I got home, my dad was standing right next to the door. What the heck am I supposed to tell him?!?!?! How do you tell your dad, "I found out who my mate was, but he's not here at the moment."? Or even more disturbing, "Before mentioned mate happens to be the Alpha, and my best friend's brother."? Or (and this is personally my favorite part of the story), "The old Alpha is plotting against his son, and may or may not kill me."?

Now that I'm thinking about it, I could tell him and pretend I'm joking, then I'm not lying, but he won't have a heart attack. Yep, that's sounds like the best option. Or I could flat out lie but that might come back and bite me in the butt.

"So when are you leaving?" My dad's question interrupts my train of thought. Well, that question has an easy answer.

"Tomorrow at noon. The Beta is gonna go with me to the edge of the territory, then I'll be alone. I'm nervous, but I'll be okay."

I guess I'm going with the half-truth choice...

"Oh, well, you'll be fine. Best Tracker in the pack. I'm worried that you'll run into some rogues, but you're a grown-up. You'll be fine. But if you're in a bad situation, I want you to pack-link someone. I don't care who it is, but call someone."

I love my dad. I love him and he trusts me, and here he is worried about me scouring the whole universe for our Alpha. Right now, I hate the old Alpha more than I've EVER hated anything.

"Honey, are you okay? You look like your wolf is about to take control." My dad's nervous voice asks me. Oh crap. My wolf is huge. Like, bigger than 50% of the pack. If I phased right here, I'd probably break the house.

"Sorry, I'm just a little scared, I guess. I think I'm going to go for a run one more time before the tracking." Before he can say anything else, I'm out the door. I hate having to keep these things away from him, but it's the best thing.

As soon as I'm out of the village, I shift. My wolf is a dark brown, almost black. I was always confused why I was so dark, because both my parents had a light grey clor. Now that I know I'm supposed to be a Luna, it makes sense. All Alpha's have a black colored fur, and usually their mates have a darker tint also.

I love running. Most pack members hate it, or don't like to do it alone, but the calm and peace is my favorite part of it. I let my wolf take control, listening to my instincts, and not my brain. I start hunting, hearing a doe a few miles ahead. I love to hunt, only because it helps my fighting skills. If I get better at fighting, I'll be bumped up a spot or two in the Tracking line.

I find the doe drinking at the lake and spring lightly. I land on its back, before it can even sense me. I sink my teeth into its back, tearing the flesh. I pull my teeth out before sinking them back in, harder. The doe is struggling, but it's getting weaker and weaker. Finally, it falls to the ground. I pull back, happy with the kill. I take the doe between my teeth, and pad back to the village. At the edge of the village, I shift back to human. I drug the carcass to my house, walking cockily with my head in the air, proud I managed to kill it.

When I get home, I walk through the door backwards dragging the dead doe in. My dad's sitting at the table, looking bored, when I walk in. When he see's me, then the doe, he starts.

"What happened?" He asks me.

"I killed it. I was running, and I found it, and I was stressed, so I killed it. I knew we needed more meat, so, you're welcome." I tell him.

"Oh, cool. Thanks." He seems distracted. I would ask, but I was gone for longer than I thought. I need to rest if I'm gonna travel all day tomorrow.

"Well, I'm tired, so I'm going to bed now. Love you dad."

"Love you too, Honey. I have work in the morning, so I'll see you whenever you get back."

So this is good-bye. I feel tears well up in my eyes. I won't see my dad until Tyler and I figure out what to do. I'll miss him so much. He's all the family I have, and now I'm leaving him.

I walk over to him and wrap him in a hug. He seems bewildered at first, but hugs me back, tight. We stand there, hugging, for a few minutes. When he finally lets me go, he smiles and says, "I better go do something about that doe."

I smile and nod, before heading up the stairs. Halfway up, the tears stream down my face. Life as I know it is about to change.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Filler chapter! Sorry it's not that interesting, but I was having a lot of problems writing. Next chapter will probably be Harry and May going to the other territory.

QOTC: How old are ya'll???

AOTC: 13

Dedicated to @Jcdorkster, cause she's editing for me, and she's my cousin. Thank her for all the good grammar and corrct spelling, blah, blah, blah.

Follow and Comment!

Lots of Love,

FanGirl24601r