Chapter Twelve

It's been a week since I went running with Mark and Marius. It's worse than last time- no food, no bathroom, no wolf, I'm not allowed to sleep. Marius must have cared about me at least a little bit to try and change my mind- and fate.

But what can I say? I seem to love torture.

The only actual pain I felt right now was being away from Tyler. You're not supposed to be away from your mate for longer than, like, five days. It's been - roughly - eight.

It drives your wolf to madness, which is not healthy. I could only daydream about seeing him again, about finishing the mating process, about completely forgiving everything I was angry with him about.

Imprisonment does something to a person, let me tell you.

My eyelids started to droop, before I felt a shock. I was literally shocked every time I almost fell asleep. I sat up again, sighing and wishing I was anywhere but here. 

I jumped off the bed and walked numbly to the door. I was tired, hungry, emotionally drained, but I wanted to look at something other than my plain white walls. I was almost there, when I tripped over my foot.

I couldn't catch myself and I fell into the door. I heard a pop, and it opened.

Had it been unlocked this whole time?

I poke my head out the door and look up and down the hall.  No one there. I creep out of the room, silent. If someone were to catch me, I'd probably be done for.

But then again, how much worse can it get?

Well let me just answer my own question- it was a freaking massacre.

Wolves everywhere, fighting, crying, dying. There were wolves half-morphed, fully-morphed, completely human.

And it was all one pack. My own pack. My friends, my superiors, my trainees. There were the warriors, the trackers, the ranked families.

They were destroying each other. I'm pretty sure I know the reason.

It was me.

I saw the Alpha, fighting the T.C.I, their fight uneven, unfair.  The T.C.I's mate, dead on the ground. She must of tried to help, only to find her skills lacking.

It was me.

I saw the children I sometimes trained, trying to fight grown men and woman. Some of them held their own, but so many couldn't even shift yet. Too many of them were lying on the ground, not moving.

It was me.

I saw Tyler's mother, staring at her mate, unable to do anything. She didn't agree, but to physically fight your mate was to kill yourself.

It was me. I had had enough.

"STOP!" I shouted into the turmoil. Every single wolf turned toward me, whether they were on my side or not.

"Do you understand what you're doing? Killing each other? Fighting each other? Why? Because of me? Because some of you have decided to stay loyal to an Alpha that hasn't officially ruled in three years and some of you knew to be loyal to Tyler? Well it's stupid! It's like a civil war here! I don't care if half of you don't want Tyler and me to lead, but fighting children is not the answer. Please, what happened to nurturing your pack, to living in peace? Fighting one another just gives the humans reason to fear us; to believe we're evil, and fueling a human's misguided opinion is not how we should operate. So please, can we just talk?" I was panting by the end of my speech. I wasn't sure if it was from the emotions, or from the fact that I had been malnourished for, like, two weeks.

"I think we should listen. As I am the last actual leader of this pack, you all have to listen." The T.C.I, I think his name is Clark, said, with a cocky smirk.

I've decided to like him.

The pack shuffled to the pack house, the Alpha stuffed between to warriors and three trackers. I followed behind everyone else with Clark.

"How did this happen?" I asked him.

"Nancy, my mate, was wondering in the building where you're staying. She found your room, and must have heard something. She went to the door and noticed you in there. She unlocked the door - there was an alarm that went off if the door was opened from the outside - and came to tell me. I knew that you and Tyler were mates, Harry linked me, so I got together with a few of the members I knew could be trusted. Then I linked Tyler, he should be here soon by the way, and confronted Mark. That little weasel Marius ran right away. So did his mate Ian. The fight started when some of Mark's follower's started to come to his defense. They went for Nancy, saying she had "Committed treason against her pack" then Mark attacked me. You know the rest."

"So what happens now? I mean, the pack will always be divided, no matter what happens. I don't know what we can do."

"We have to eliminate the members that decided to follow Mark- it's the law."

"But that's half the pack! Those members have family, have lives. You can't just take those things away from them for making one wrong decision!"

"Like they took those things away from Nancy for doing one right thing? You have a problem- your compassion makes you weak. If you expect to be a Luna you must learn to deal with killing and torture. In fact, I may just let you kill the first traitor." His smile has turned deadly.

"You can't make me do anything. I outrank you."

"Not yet. You haven't mated Tyler. Until you do, you're just another pack member. I hold all the power."

We've reached the house. I know in my heart I won't be able to fight him, nor refuse if he decides to command me. All I have is the promise of Tyler coming to help me.

"Also, I wouldn't expect Tyler for another couple of hours or so. You are completely at my control." 

Dammit! I have nothing left to fight with. I have nothing to stall with.

I'm about to commit my first murder.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I have a couple things to say, so Imma just use bullets.

* Okay, so the song above doesn't really have anything to do with the chapter, but I really like it, so you should all listen

* It's been roughly six years since I've updated, and I apologize. My only excuse is that I've had some extreme writer's block. So sorry, I really do feel horrible

* My reads go down the further the book goes. Chapter one has a bunch of reads, but chapter ten only has a few. I really hope you guys read the whole book, it'll get more romantic, I promise

* School starts in two weeks for me, and I need to focus on that a little more, so I probably won't be on as much, starting then. I'll update when I can

That's it for now, love y'all!