Chapter Thirteen

I actually cried. 

In front of my entire pack.

My people.

I'm not a killer. I failed every test you are required to take in order to become a warrior, I was lucky my tracking skills themselves were so good, because I failed the killing/maiming portion of that test too. I'm not a killer.

Does that make me weak? Does that show my pack members I won't be a good leader? Does it show the Moon Goddess may have made a mistake when she choose me for Luna? 

Maybe. But mistake or no, weak or not, I was defiant enough to ignore every command given to me by Clark. My wolf was slowly weakening, not used to defying any rules. If she passed out, all my strength to fight was gone. 

I couldn't get a hold of Tyler or Harry, they seemed to be blocked. I considered running to look for them, but I wouldn't just leave my pack here alone.

Maybe I could make another inspirational speech against Clark? I mean, I was all out of things to say, but if I threw in a bunch of hand gestures and whatnot, they might go for it.

But we're all not that gullible.

"Clark, please don't make me do this! I am not a murderer, I can't just kill my pack members. I REFUSE."

"Sorry sweetheart, as a Luna, you've gotta learn to fight our enemies. This will be your new life." Clark told me as he grabbed my arm and pulled me to an older man. One of Mark's followers.

"He will be the first you kill. Once you break his neck all of our people here will attack the other betrayers. Until then, I will kill one of Mark's followers, slowly, inflicting as much pain as I can. I leave the decision up to you- a quick, painless death, or a slow torture. We'll see just how compassionate you are." Clark smirks at me.

All the members are staring at me, wondering what I'll do. Some of them them are getting in an attack position, ready to hurt these people who betrayed them. Others are looking at me; some sad, a couple angry, and others looking like they want to leave.

I leave the decision up to you. Marks words resound in my head.

I have another option.

But what is it?

Oh yeah.

"Clark, I challenge you to a duel for the title of Third in Command of this pack." A little smirk covers my lips. 

Clark looks surprised, as if the idea never occurred to him. But almost as soon as the words sink in, he looks arrogant. He knows how bad a warrior I am.

He knows it would be closet to impossible for me to beat him.

"I accept your challenge. In front of all these witnesses, let it be known who the most capable wolf is to lead this pack."

Oh god. What have I got myself into?

************

Tyler's P.O.V.

I ran as fast as I could. Clark's message to us was nothing short of startling.

May was with my father, Ian had betrayed us, Clark was there. None of this was good. 

"Harry, can you get to her?" I link my best friend.

"No, someone's clouding her link."

Well, crap.

My pack was falling apart. I was a terrible Alpha. I couldn't stand up to my own father, couldn't fully claim my pack, couldn't save my mate. I didn't know what was going on.

I used to be so strong.

We get to the boundary of my land, and all I see is the few loyal warriors forming a circle around the boundary line. I pad up to them, not even thinking that I was still in wolf form. Every one of those soldiers turn towards me and their guns at me.

Well shit.

I change back to human form, thinking that if they recognize they'll let me through.

"Guys, it's me. Tyler, your Alpha." I tell them, seeing that their guns are still pointed at me.

"Tyler, where you been?! Did you know your mate just defeated Mark? Yeah, they're in the Pack House." One of the warriors - Tommy? - tells me.

"They? Who is they?"

"May and Clark, duh! He's helping with the executions." Tommy says to me.

"Everyone, to the Pack House! We've gotta get there before something bad happens." I shout in my Alpha-voice.

"Hold on May, I'm coming." I mumble

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sorry for the long wait.

Clark played by Brendon Urie (whom I adore).

Vote, comment, follow, blah, blah, blah.