Chapter Six

He jumps at me as soon as the words leave his mouth. Now, in case you've never been attacked by a past Alpha, it's a little bit scary. Especially when you're fighting scores are in the teens. Out of a hundred.

So what do I do? I scream. Loud. I'm pretty sure the walls shake with the mightiness of my scream. I think it startles him, because he pauses before landing on me. But he seems to get over his shock and comes at me.

I'm terrified. I freeze in my shoes. Not fighting back, not protecting myself, just standing there.

Because really, what am I supposed to do? If I attack him, it's treason, and that's not a great idea to try and defeat him. My self-protecting skills are close to zero. We're completely alone in his office, so no help will come. I honestly have no way out.

Except, I'm the true Luna. Technically, I can beat the crap out of this man and won't be burned for it. Of course, no one knows I'm the Luna yet, so I might just be imprisoned until someone comes to help me.

Or kills me.

So I do the only thing I can- attack back. With all the power I have.

He's on top of me, fangs extended, claws out and in my skin. Not sure how I missed that before. I growl at him, feeling my canines poke out and cut my lip. I jerk up, intending to sink them into his neck- I really just want to get this over with- but he must be expecting it, because he scrambles back. Then shifts.

Now, a full grown Alpha wolf is pretty intimidating. Especially when it wants to kill you. I jump up from the ground and shift into my own wolf. I'm small compared to the regular males in the pack. Next to this Alpha, I'm like a midget wolf.

But I'm fast and hard to catch. Like Rue from The Hunger Games. Yeah, but she died. My wolf tells me.

Thanks, that's helpful.

I shake me head, trying to get the thoughts out of my head. Focus. Man trying to kill you. Top priority. For now.

He jumps at me again, tackling me to the ground- again- and sinks his teeth into my neck. It's a good move. He'll be able to make me submit, using this spot. I really won't be able to stop it. The Alpha's able to use this against even the Luna, so my power is not going to help.

I feel his teeth go deeper into my skin, and I whimper. I'm starting to get dizzy. Soon, I won't be able to move or talk. This is it, I'm done for.

And then the memories start. My dad and me at the park, right after my mom died. He was teaching me to run the fastest, something that really interested me at that age.

Me, training the kids to track. Seeing all the people that would take my job from me someday, but not caring.

Even me seeing Tyler at various pack meetings. The weird stares, the subtle touches to an arm, or hand. Something that means a lot more now than I even realized then.

So I fight back. For my mate, who I will see. For my dad, who will be avenged. For my kids, who will be released.

I let a loud roar out of my mouth, and push against my mate's father. I finally get him off of me, and bite his leg, keeping my hold on it until I feel his bone in my mouth. I move to his stomach, scratching and biting repeatedly. He struggles to sit up, but I push him back every time.

This goes on for a while, until someone storms into the room. I look up, scared, but recognize who it is. Harry and behind him, Isobel. I glance at them, then at the wolf under me. Harry slowly bends down to me. He tells me, "May, he's unconscious. You either need to step away now and let him go to prison, or let your wolf have control and kill him.And May, if I know you at all, I know you don't want to kill him. Please, shift and go with Isobel."

I almost don't hear him. My wolf is grasping my senses, making it harder to think human. But in the end, hearing Isobel's name, seeing that's she's alright back. My wolf is screaming at me, wanting to finish the hunt, but I block her out.

Isobel throws me some clothes while Harry turns around to let me dress.

When I'm fully clothed, I rush to Izzy's side, squealing.

"Your okay! We're gonna be sisters! You found your mate and didn't tell me! What is this world coming to?!" Yes, I can get excited. I'm still a teenage girl.

"I know, it's crazy! I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Harry, I thought it might be rubbing salt into an open wound. Plus, I wasn't ready to tell the pack. And sisters! You and Tyler are gonna be so cute!" She claps her hands and jumps up and down.

Harry laughs at us, checking the old Alpha. He shifted back, so Harry needs to clean the wounds on his human form. When that's all done, he turns to us.

"Who's ready to actually see Tyler again?"

************************************************************************************************************

We dump the old Alpha at the prison- shocking quite a few of the guards- before running back to the woods. We shift into our wolf form then and continue running. Harry stays a little ahead of us at all times, since he's the only one this other pack'll recognize. Izzy and I constantly look behind us checking for any of our own pack members. We decided that Harry and Izzy'll stay for a few hours to catch up with Tyler, before returning to watch the pack. Tyler and I are gonna stay for a week or so, then come back. We don't want to overwhelm the pack with all the news about Harry and Izzy, the old Alpha, and Tyler all at one time.

A couple hours later, we reach the border. There are wolves on patrol at the very spot we're at. They growl at us, getting ready for a fight. Harry shifts human and raises his hands.

"My name is Harry Tumanuk, I'm the Beta from the White Cedar pack. This is my mate, Isobel Geomony, and May Collick, Alpha Geomony's mate. Your Alpha is expecting us. May we cross?" This is the first time I've seen Harry act Beta-ish, and he's doing pretty well.

The largest wolf steps forward and shifts. I can feel that he's not just a normal Fighter, he has too much of a powerful feel.

Harry grins and says, " Micah, I didn't realize that was you! How are you?" Goodbye professionalism, apparently.

"Good, good. We were expecting only Ms. Collick and earlier. If we had known we wouldn't have behaved so." Micah tells us.

Woah, wait. Ms. Collick I'm eighteen, not fifty.

"You can call me May. Ms. Collick makes me feel like a fifty-year-old woman. Or my mother. Either way, May's great." I tell him.

"Of course. Alpha Geomony told us we were to treat you with the utmost respect." Micah stutters.

"Tyler is not the judge of how people treat me. Thank you for respecting him, but let your pack members know that I can judge how I'm treated." say a little bit difiantly.

Micah just nods. I think he's shocked. Harry and Isobel too. Okay, maybe not everyone defies what their Alpha tells them, but he's my mate, so I'll do what I want.

Micah clears his throat and ushers us onto his land.

"Welcome to Dark Moon Pack."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I was writing this, and my only thought was, "Dang, Rheannon, all this in Chapter Six? Crazy child." But then I was like, eh, don't care.

Hope you liked it, and please, please comment. I would love hearing from my readers, other than my real-life friends.

So, yeah

Byeeeee!