Chapter 8

Luke

Luke

After the amount of practicing we've done, I think we're all ready for tonight. We spent all night practicing and we were finally able to get some shut eye before tonight's performance. We're currently getting ourselves prepared for tonight. Mason and Liam are helping us take our equipment to the party. I'm finishing getting ready while the other boys are busy chitchatting with one another.

"Okay, I'm all set. Are we ready to head out?" I look to the boys as I finish fixing the buttons of my long sleeve.

"Yes! Let's go. Liam messaged me saying they are almost done loading our equipment in the truck. We should head down to help them, so we can start setting our stuff on stage." Ashton looks up from his phone and we nod. I grab my phone from my nightstand and follow behind Calum. Once everyone is out I lock the door behind me.

We reached the parking lot and help load our belongings. Once we're done, Ashton walks to the driver seat and the rest of us huddle in the backseat with Liam sitting in the passenger side. It only takes a good six minutes for us to reach our destination. Some of the frat guys help us unload our equipment onto the stage. It takes about an hour for us to set the stage and it takes another forty-minutes for sound check.

It finally hits 8 P.M. when people begin to show. It doesn't take long for people to gather around the stage. While we wait for more people to show, we play a couple of small melodies to keep the crowd entertain.

Our setlist consist of 6-8 songs, depending on where this night takes us, and if the crowd enjoys our performance. The first song we plan on starting with is "Kiss Me Kiss Me" and we plan on ending it with "Wherever You Are", our newest song addition.

The girls that Mason and Liam met the other day who invited us to perform gives up the thumbs up to start performing. Calum, Michael, Ashton, and I all look at one another and we nod. This is our moment to shine.

     "Woah-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh, woah-oh
      Here's to teenage memories
      Woah-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh, woah-oh
      Here's to teenage—

Can I call, wake you up on a Sunday?
Late night, I think we need a getaway
Headlights, hold tight, turn the radio loud
Let me know where to go and I'll get you there
Tell the truth and I'll show you how to dare
Flashlights held tight, we can own this town"

     Never say goodbye"

The crowd is cheering so loud I can barely hear myself singing. They're jumping up and down flashing glow-sticks. Some people in the crowd already wasted tripping over one another. Girls crowded around the stage screaming, "You're hot!". The night feels so young and exciting.

     "Close your eyes, you'll be mine and it's alright
     Take a breath, no rest till the sunrise
     Heartbeat, so sweet when your lips touch mine
     We don't have to go home right now
     We're never gonna stop 'cause we're dreamin'
     out loud
     We know what we want, we know we're gonna
     get it somehow