CHAPTER 2; THUNDER-completed

Point out errors❣️

And maybe you can vote⭐

Comment💬 for any suggestions for this story

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Queen's pov

Strong wind blew from the window in my office making the stack of papers in the coffee table across me to flew. But before it could touch the ground it's already in my hands.

I placed the papers again where they came from and walked to the large open window behind my desk. It's very late at night and the city is still loud and busy.

The loud music from the clubs and the usual conversations of my people can reach my ears even from afar. The castle is built very far from the city and its people to save us from their toxic way of living and thinking.

But truly the only reason why they build it far from the people is to hide the truth from them that will set the country itself to fall into ashes. And I, as the Queen, it's my duty and responsibility to protect my kingdom and my people from any harm and loss.

The only way I know to prevent unfortunate things from happening is to protect my throne. Only a great ruler can tame monsters to be civilized and submissive.

And that ruler will only be me and if someone overthrows me from my own throne, it will surely be expected to have many critics and a rebellion of sickening vampires to be made.

Soon tiny droplets of water fell from the dark sky. I reached my hand and felt the cold droplets of the rain making a small smile appear on my face but a loud thunder claps in the sky triggering memories to be remembered.

"Mama~" I cried as I tried to remove the heavy duvet from my body.

"What's wrong sweetie?" My mother soon entered my bedroom with a concerned expression.

"I-i da-" I hiccupped and could not continue my answer as many tears fell from my eyes.

"Oh Irina stop crying, okay?" My mother embraced me in a hug as I tried to calm myself but the vision of blood and echoing sounds of shouts clouded my mind. As I try to wipe my own tears, I saw my brother at the door with a blank expression.

"You dreamt about Mama's death again, did you?" Namjoon asked.

I retreat my hand into a fist as I closed my eyes trying to calm myself but it's no use so my body became auto mode as I closed the window shut. Slightly sealing the sounds of the thunderstorm outside.

But I can still hear it clapping unto the sky. As it collides with the ground and burns the trees down so are the books and shelves in my office.

I can feel how my vision turns bloody red at the thought of that day. I slammed my face into the wall to feel pain- to feel anything other than the wrenching of my heart. My breathing feels so shallow as I try to shout and overpower the sound of thunder but no voice comes out.

I fell on my knees and took hold of the wooden desk beside me for support when I  felt a hand on my shoulder. The hands were warm as they placed themselves on my ears to block the sound from outside.

Soon my cold sweating self felt a warm presence. I was finally able to take a deep breath and calm myself. I closed my eyes as I tried to clear my blurry vision earlier and saw Yeonjun.

"Your Majesty, are you alright?" His face was sketched with worry as he pressed her hands harder onto my ears after another clap of thunder could be heard.

I blame my heightened hearing ability for this problematic situation I am in. But in no time the thunderstorm lowered down into a sprinkling drops of rain and I pulled myself together.

I removed his hands from me and stood up, but my vision went spinning and I felt an arm around my waist.

"You need some blood and rest, Your Majesty." I could hear his urgent concern over me. "You could not continue torturing your own body like this!"

"Everything is fine and well. You do not have to fret yourself!" I regained my balance and fixed my posture as I looked around at my now monster-slaughtered office.

The wall had a hole with a few drops of my own blood when I punched it. The papers are scattered all over the floor, some crumpled, while some are torn apart into pieces.

"With all due respect, Your Majesty, please let me escort you to your chamber as you need as much rest as possible in this state. And then I will bring a cup of fresh blood to quench your thirst for the past few days." Yeonjun tried his best to persuade me but I stopped him before he finished with one finger.

Just the thought of going to sleep makes my whole body scream with need but it is only a matter of moments before the dream of a girl comes to my mind again. I shook my head as I thought about it.

I could not rest for the past few days because I kept dreaming about the same girl over and over again. And I can feel our meeting is getting sooner and sooner the more I dreamt about her.

I walked my way to my leather chair behind my desk to sit and stated:

"As you can see I am perfectly fine and for the sake of your Queen's dignity let us forget whatever happened earlier, Mister Choi." 

"I understood, your Majesty." Yeonjun was about to leave when he suddenly turned around to face me again.

"Would you respectfully mind if I clean this whole room for a second, Your Majesty? And while I am at it, I would send a servant to fetch you a chalice of blood to prevent yourself from falling asleep tonight." And then he added, "I promise that it would not take a while."

I rolled my eyes at his perseverance to make me leave this hell hole that I made. I have been camping between the throne room and my office recently, as loading my shoulders with paperwork and duties made my mind occupied. To prevent the thought of my late-night dream of a young girl from invading my mind.

Deciding that it was very late at night, I left the Yeonjun at the office and made my way to my room to leave the sickening thought of the thunderstorm behind but before I could open the white door, I caught a sweet vanilla scent of someone behind the door.

To confirm my conclusion on who is in my chamber, I open the door slowly trying not to startle the person but I see a small bump in the middle of my bead under the covers And to my dismay my high vampire senses are correct.

There in the middle of my red velvet king-size bed is a snoring fox hybrid. I walked as quietly as possible towards my bed, sitting beside his small figure.

His chubby cheek is squished above the matching red pillow and his mouth is slightly agaped as he snores soundly. I frowned at the sight and was about to slash him into pieces with long nails when he suddenly hiccuped. And with his small paws, he wiped his mouth and rolled over away from me while still asleep.

I found the action adorable and decided to let this slide as my mind suddenly became mushy. My running thoughts became blank with the suffocating smell of vanilla in the air.

I stood for a minute to think about something but my mind seemed to not function and at the end, like a robot, my body decided to walk into my closet that is connected to my bathroom in order to change into more comfortable clothes and brush my brown wavy hair from the messy bun before.

After doing all of those I walked to my bed again and my body made my way under the soft warm covers making sure to put a safe distance from the fox before closing my eyes.

The thought of a young girl invading my sleep was thrown out of the window because of tiredness . But before I could be consumed by sleep I felt an arm snaking its way on my waist and a few shifts before I felt a hot breath on my neck.

Due to the tiredness physically and mentally, I could not move my body at all and my mind would rather try to find sleep again.

💜