CHAPTER 1: RABID LORDS- completed

Please point out errors!!!

😅

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Queen's pov

Tension fills the air of the room. The six leaders of the cities of the land of the west are present at the long table with the queen.

Shouts and the sound of slamming hands on wood echo. Wrinkled and bearded men are pointing fingers at each other as they argue about political matters.

"Other noble immortals that are living on the territory of the vampires should also pay taxes! It is only fair, my Lords."

"Rumors about the corruption of the leaders of the capital city must end. It is indeed bothersome!"

While I am situated at the center edge of the long table, watching them fight and try to dominate each other. I was sitting there sipping red blood from a gold chalice, it was velvety smooth and sweet as I smiled in satisfaction.

"The expenses of the department of Medicine and Research are comparably high to the Department of Education. I think this should be addressed in today's meeting."

"No! There are organizations being built on the outskirts of the land but are not reported to the government."

I am clearly enjoying their distressed state. A sadistic grin appeared on my face as the table shook again when the Lord of Pesillania slammed his fist on it.

 What an ill-tempered man. I wonder how long this table can endure the abuse of these elderly men who are said to be oh-so-great.

"Why would we risk the lives of our people for a land that is not even ours!?"

"I agree, our soldiers are meant to serve the land of the West only and protect its people." Another person stood from his seat.

"The village of Arcadia is right beside Ravelsmith. Our border is very fragile from werewolf rouges." The Lord of Ravelsmith holds the edge of the table tight to prevent himself from committing violence. I can see the rage in his blue eyes and the wrinkles on his forehead. The leader of the state of Ravelsmith is the youngest among the group of men that are present in this room but he is truly someone who would not back down on what he wants.

"Oh lord, Lancellot! We are vampires and your soldiers can eradicate them easily." Prideful words escaped the lord of Crisselda while leaning back on his cushioned chair. He waved his hand adorned with red sapphire rings as the jewelry of fanfaronade to his wealth. What a brag...

A laugh accidentally escaped my mouth but soon my smile fell when silence filled the room. They all realized the situation they were in and sat down. I placed my gold chalice down on the wooden table and situated myself to seem more powerful. With the right posture and my head held high, these men are nothing but mere immortals in my presence. I am the queen of this whole land after all.

Shame and regret are written on most of their faces, while others resume into their blank slate expression. A deafening silence fell into the room, to the point that I could hear the light knock of wind to windows and the breathing of the vampires in front of me.

And I basked in this quiet tension or awkwardness rather. It depends on who you ask. I also do not plan to cut this silence any time soon.

I held the chalice once again and took a sip as I reveled in the new peace of this meeting room. I licked my red lips as I looked into their eyes one by one.

"Who...do...you...think...you...are-" I ask slowly, intentionally dragging the words longer. "- to raise your voice in my presence?" I smiled so charmingly. They say a woman should always smile after all.