86. Incorrect

7.08.20

Jack's POV (6 months later)

I had dropped Daniel in a heartbeat after the incidents of six months ago, and my mental health had improved by a lot. I was spending quite a bit of my time with Devon, but he didn't seem to mind. Connor was a little demon both literally and figuratively, so any extra hands were a help on the little boy. By now, I was due to pop any day, and they had plans to get me to the human hospital like I wanted to. I don't know why that's what I desired, but I think it was related back to my life without the whole werewolf mess. I would have grown old heavily emersed in the human culture which included going to th hospital, and I wanted to preserve that life just a bit.

"Come on, Connor. Please just swallow," Dev begged while holding out a little spoon. The young boy was a picky eater like his father, and it was nearly impossible to get the little stinker to eat. When the boy spat the sliced strawberry back into his papa's face, I honestly couldn't help but laugh at the pair. The action pulled something low in my abdomen, but I didn't care when my best friend turned towards me with a sassy glance. "I wanna see you try!"

I walked over ready to try and fail at proving a point, and I began to move the strawberry closer while cooing. The red eyes of the child followed my movements, and I managed to slip the spoon into his mouth. "Swallow for Uncle Jack," I begged, and the boy actually followed my instructions. Jack: 1, Devon: 0.

"How?"

"Patience."

We continued to bicker back and forth in a friendly manner, and I saw Dan from the corner of my eye. Sometimes he just sits there and watches me creepily, but I don't mind. I don't really notice him anymore, anyways. The best way to stop the behavior is to not pay attention to it. I felt a pulsing again in my abdomen, and I rubbed my stomach a bit. "Everything okay?" Devon was also really anxious to meet my baby, so he stopped everything else when he saw me rubbing the bump slowly.

"I don't know, it just felt weird."

"Hey, you don't need to worry about it." Devon's fingers wrapped slowly around my wrists, and I looked up to see his bright white teeth showing in the widest grin. "Even if it is the baby, your labor will be much slower than mine. There will be enough time to get you there."

"Thanks..."

As I went throughout the day, I was still trying to figure out of it was happening or not. The pains were getting more frequent, and I finally broke my silence at the dinner table. "I don't mean to alarm anyone, but I think that it's happening... I think I'm having contractions," I whispered, and murmurs errupted around the room.

"Time it," Alex commanded of his husband, and the vampire pulled out a stop watch from his pocket. Why was he carrying that thing around? My eyes squinched when the pain came again, and the blue eyed vampire hit the start on the watch. I ignored them and continued to eat, and it was total silence in the room other than the tic toc of the clock. My body began to sting again some time later, and I squeezed my eyes shut. "He's at 6 minutes, we need to get him to the hospital. Start the car."

"Wait is this actually happening?"

"Yeah, Jack. It's almost time." Everyone at the table held smiles except for Dan, but my mind glossed over him once more. Is it wrong to not care about him enough to care? My father helped to support me to the car, and he laid me across the back seat carefully before plugging the seatbelt in around me. As soon as the car began moving, I felt the pain return with much more intensity, and I couldn't hold in the groan stirring in my chest. Devon turned around from the front seat, and his hand rubbed my upper arm. "I know that it's hurting, but it won't last for long. Soon you'll be holding a baby; how exciting is that?"

I nodded my head through the pain, and I allowed myself to relax a bit. This won't be easier with my being stressed. It took almost thirty minutes to get to the hospital, and by then I was timing at three minutes. Dev helped me up the stairs while my father lead the way, and he began speaking frantically to the nurse. She seemed to be in disbelief until she looked at me, then she was calling for all kind of doctors. Oh right, human males don't get pregnant. Maybe this wasn't my best plan... Oh well.

They lead me back into a room, and I felt the familiar ultrasound jelly being placed on my stomach. The noises of the doctors speaking was all giberish, but I clearly heard Devon shout, "Twins!?" rather loudly. People had assumed that he was the father, so no one was asking him to leave. Of course, the poor boy didn't know what they were doing until my dad started pulling him out.

Suddenly, my legs went totally numb, and I shocked back into being more awake. "Keep him calm," a young woman commanded, and I heard someone talking to me softly. When I looked down again, I saw that my abdomen was wide open, and my heart beat accelerated. "Kid we need you to breathe, please. Jerimiah more on line one!"

My mind grew unnaturally calm, and it was almost like I couldn't acknowledge the fact that my insides were visible to the world. I saw a doctor pull out a little child from my body, and they began to clean its skin gently. Tears pricked my eyes when they handed the baby to me, and I made sure to support its neck while I held it. I was so distracted by the first one that I didn't notice them pull out a second until about a minute after they did. I allowed them to take the other one from my grasp to hand me the second born, and I smiled even though they were still stitching up my stomach. "You have a boy and a girl, what did you want to make them?"

"Jacob Keith and Sasha Lilith Evans," I breathed while thinking about my little babies. They were so small, but I already knew that they would grow to have amazing lives. I'm so glad to be with them.

~somewhere in the hospital 3rd POV~

At the same time the doctors brought in two little twins, another couple had given birth to a baby boy. "Guys, there's an emergency on the bottom of the wing!" A colleague shouted, and the doctors swiftly set down the children to attend to their work.

When they returned, it became an issue that no one remembered which baby was which. The female was easy to distinguish, but the two males were nearly identical. "We'll just take this one to be the twin," a man declared, and he took the two babies back down the hallway to their room... Unaware that he had the wrong child.

Bum bum buuuuum.