20. Eveline

4.29.20

Sike! I decided that I didn't want to end it there, so I just decided to continue the book. Trust me, fools, I have plans. That being said, I'm also going to drop another book today, so... Check it out ;)

I woke up the next morning feeling better than I ever have before. I may have slept on the couch, but I didn't care because I was waking up to people who love me. Wait... What the hell is that sound!?

"Get the hell up bus leaves in ten!" Jack roared over the weird clashing sound. I opened my eyes reluctantly to see him standing in front of me banging together two pans.

"JACK WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY PANS!?" Jamie bellowed from the kitchen, and I saw the 'oh shit' expression on his face.

"Nothing mom! Anyways, get up."

I groaned quietly before rolling off of the couch with a loud thud. "Seriously what are you people doing in here?"

"I was just getting Devon up. You know it isn't easy," Jack defended quickly. I slowly sat up from my little blanket cocoon on the floor, and I know I probably look like a zombie right now.

"I'm awake, you can shut up now," I teased.

"I'm offended!"

I stood up and walked up the stairs to Jack's room so that I could find my clothes. I threw on the first outfit that I could find before walking into the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth.

"DEVON THE BUS IS HERE!" Jack screeched from the bottom of the stairs.

I put my shoes on my feet as I was running and grabbed my backpack off of the floor while shouting, "Bye mom!"

I just barely caught the bus, and the driver looked strangely at me. I moved towards the back and ended up sitting next to Jack. "That was a close one," he laughed while I found myself complaining about my lose hairs.

"Mornings are not my thing," I retorted.

"I noticed. Honestly I thought mom was gonna kill me for using her pots for evil."

"I wouldn't put it past her."

Once we finally arrived at school, I began dragging Jack through the crowd of rowdy teenagers. "Where are we going?"

"Blake."

Eventually I managed to reach our old spot, and sure enough he was there like he used to be. "You fixed him!" Blake babbled at Jack before pulling me into a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around him back in return, and I felt like my face was going to fall off from smiling too much. "I was seriously worried for a while there, Dev."

"I know, I'm sorry!"

"It's okay. At least you're back now. We can be a group!" Blake cheered, and I rolled my eyes at his joyful words.

"I think I'm okay with that," Jack agreed.

"Fine! We can be a group!" I gave in, exasperated.

"Uhm... Do you have room for one more?" A feminine voice asked from behind me. I turned around until I was face to face with a hopeful looking Eveline.

I blinked once or twice while mulling over the pros and cons. To be frank, I don't think I really like her anymore. Instead of seeing her as a kind girl, I saw her as another female nuisance. At the same time, she's still pretty attractive? I can't decide what I want to do, and her hopeful eyes and flirty stance weren't helping me at all. "Eveline, can we talk in private?" By the look in her eyes, she probably thought that I was going to ask her out again, but that was not my plan.

"Of course!" She grabbed my wrist and dragging me into an empty stairwell.

"Listen... I don't really like you anymore," I admitted softly. "I don't know why or how, but I just don't!"

"Oh, Can we just be friends?"

"Eveline, I don't think we can. I'm sorry that this had to end in such a foul way, but I don't think I want to be around you."

"I see how this is!" she was suddenly shouting. "You wanted to use me, give me hope, then drop me just when I thought I could truly love you! You're a fucking monster, Devon Quinn. The worst kind of person ever! I wish you were dead!" she screeched. The entire hallway full of kids was staring at us now.

"Oh please, like you're any better! You make a game out of rejecting any boy that tries to come for you, and you just threw out a phrase that should never be used on anyone else! You never know, I could have been suicidal, and your words could have killed me! You used to be kind and gentle, but now you're just like everyone else! A cold hearted bitch!"

Suddenly, the situation was broken up by Jack when he dragged me away from Eveline. I allowed him to bring me away from the site of my verbal explosion, and when we finally stopped, I realized that we were in the empty cafeteria. "You good?" he questioned while pulling out a chair at one of the tables.

"Yes. Thank you for pulling me out of there."

"I did what had to be done, Dev. While she deserved it, I didn't want you to get in trouble again."

"Right. I'm skipping first block so that I don't have to see her face again. You can go to class if you want."

"I think I'll just stay here with you. I don't really feel like going to class today either."

We were just sitting in the cafeteria minding our own business when the principal just so happened to walk by the table we were at. "What are you two doing?" she called out.

"Skipping," Jack chirped nonchalantly.

"Go to class!" the woman commanded while standing there and tapping her toes like a stereotypical school principal.

Jack's hand grazed my back gently, and I subconsciously leant into the touch. What the hell, body!? We ended up going to our respective classes, and when I walked in, I felt all eyes on me. I went back to my seat, but when I arrived, I found Eveline sitting in it next to a very uncomfortable Blake. "Move," I commanded.

"Give me one reason why I should, player."

"You can't claim I'm a player, I haven't had a girlfriend in my life," I shot back. "Now get out of my seat and stop harassing my best friend." Eveline scoffed at me before standing up and getting right in my face as if she was about to kiss me. Of course, I literally have no experience with girls, so if she were to kiss me at this moment, it would be my first. Hell no, bitch! I'm saving that! I swiftly shoved her back before her hoe lips could touch mine. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I seethed.

Eveline stalked away slowly, and once she was sat down with the rest of her friends, I took a seat next to Blake. "That was heated," he commented, and I rolled my eyes rigorously.

"Tell me about it."