53. Free

6.11.20

The throne rooms that I had been in for both the junior and the senior were extremely similar, and I found myself in deja-vu when my arms were tied around a pole. Once again, I could feel my shoulders screaming from the uncomfortable position, and I was forced to listen as the king monologued about this all being over of I just let him have my soul.

"Sebastian I'm bored."

"Ain't we all. This guy talks for hours on end."

"Are you listening, mutt, or do I need to start over?"

"Please for the love of God I'm tired of hearing you talk!"

The demon king crouched down to my level before slapping my cheek, and my head turned from the force behind the smack. "You need to learn to keep your mouth shut, kid, or you won't make it another day."

I spat the blood from my mouth onto his right shoe, and I had to smirk from my handy work. Make. Their. Lives. Hell! "Fuck you."

The older man grabbed a fist full of my hair, but I didn't allow him to see how much it burned my scalp. No matter how much he hurts me, I can't let it show. Maybe if I show no emotion, he'll get bored and leave me alone? "What was that mutt? You got something to share with the class?"

"Fuck you!" My voice was louder this time, and I heard people start whispering from the doorway. The demon king slammed my head back against the pole hard enough for me to see stars, and I tuned him out once more when he continued his little rant.

"I'm so proud of you, my human."

"I try."

"Just don't show weakness; they crave it."

"Gotcha."

Suddenly, I felt a sting underneath my left eye, and I realized that the skin had been cut using a rather sharp knife. I could taste the salty blood in my mouth, but it wasn't too horrible. Perks of being part vampire.

I creepily licked my upper lip, and I saw Oli's father frown in disgust. "Problem, hotshot?" I taunted lowly with a little chuckle at the end, and I knew I probably sounded insane. The sting of the knife wound was beginning to set in, but I forced my mind off of it to remain strong.

"You're the problem, mutt."

"Pretty little me?"

"Someone watch this idiot, I need a break!"

I was left with two buff looking guys, but at least I didn't have to deal with the demon king's voice any longer. "Hey boys." My voice was fake flirtatious, and I even went as far as to bat my eyelids. This is strangely fun. Then I remembered that neither of them understood, so I went into my horrible, broken demon language. "Zpv tipvme mfu nf hp." (You should let me go.)

"Op, qftlz ivnbo." (No, pesky human.)

"Qmfbtf, ipuuz?" (Please, hotty?)

"Op!" (No!)

"Op gvo." (No fun.)

I allowed my aching neck to dip slightly, but it jumped back up as soon as the king reentered. "Uibolt gps opu mfuujoh ijn hp." (Thanks for not letting him go.)

Like I could have gotten out anyways. The ropes on my wrists were deliberately more tight– so much so that my skin was rubbing enough to draw blood– so I wouldn't get free even if I tried. "I swear if you start talking again I'll fly directly into the sun intentionally."

The man growled inhumanly, and I laughed at the sound. For some reason my sense of danger was disabled, so I didn't have any common sense anymore. "I recommend you keep your mouth shut, or I'll put you back in the burn room until you turn into a human steak."

"Ooh! Sounds fun, when do we go?" At my words, the ropes fell from my wrists, but they were tied back together once I was off of the pole.

"We're going now if you think it's so funny!"

I was pushed down the hallway while I taunted the king until he went insane, and as soon as we reached the "burn room" as he calls it, I was chucked in. My wrists were unbound, but the door was locked behind the king when he left. Every surface in the room is metal, so there was no escape from the blistering heat.

"Seb, this really hurts. I think I'm going to pass out."

"Kid, you haven't come this far just to pass out on me. Hold on a little while longer."

Suddenly, the same old shrill noise shrieked through the castle, and I had to cover my ears. In that process, I lost my balance, so my entire body fell onto the ground again. I'm going to assume that the intruder is Oliver, and they're going to come get me. I have to hold on...

Sure enough, there were shouts outside 10 minute later, and I heard someone let out a battle cry. Idiots. Finally, the door was torn open, and I was lifted off of the ground by Oli. "I've got him, let's go!"

The world began moving as I was carried from the room, and Oli grabbed someone with his other hand before teleporting out of hell. "What do we do?" My father sounded concerned, but at least he was finally talking to Oliver. Maybe they're going to get along now?

"Run a cold bath; as cold as possible. Ice if you find it necessary."

"Is he going to be okay?" Papa reached out to grab my arm, but he quickly jerked away when I flinched.

"Most likely."

"The bath is ready, Oliver."

I remember the bump as Oli walked, but nothing else was really reachable in my state. My body was suddenly extremely cold, and I was shocked into being much more awake. My initial response to the cold was to attempt climbing out of the bathtub, but I was easily held in by my lovely boyfriend. "What exactly is this doing other than making him sick?" Papa sounded concerned while I continued trying to get out of the water.

"He has burns all over his body, and this is the best way to help him. I know it isn't the most practical option or the most comfortable for him, but it'll help him faster. Devon please stay still! Sir, can you hold him down for a second?"

When Oliver returned, he wasn't wearing any clothes at all. "You aren't," Father snapped, but he didn't get to finish before Oli climbed on top of me. I was both comforted and being held down, and eventually my struggles ceased. "You're in so much trouble when you get out of that tub, young man!"

I have to admit, the icy water felt amazing when compared to the heat of hell, and I grumbled like a little baby when I was dragged out of the water. Oli dried me pretty well before massaging ointment for the burns all over my body, and I felt my head droop as sleepiness hit me. What? I haven't gone to bed in a long time, and my body is screaming at me to do so. Whether or not it's just me passing out, I don't care. Darkness is darkness.

A little light shined into my eyes, and I barely heard Oli declare about my not having a concussion before I slid into darkness.