Rehearsal

Freya

"Earth to Freya!" Sabrina says snapping her fingers in front of my face. I look up from the cape I'm sewing a hem on. "Hmm?" I ask. She just shakes her head at me. "Did you hear anything I just said?" Sabrina asks with a smile.

"How could I? How can anyone hear anything over Dorcas's terrible acting?" I ask with a smirk. Sabrina cackles at this then walks to the front of the church to join rehearsal. I watch as she stands a few feet behind Dorcas and writes down her blocking. If you were to ask me- I think Sabrina should be playing the part of Lilith. Not Dorcas. Dorcas is sweet and all but she should be Sabrina's understudy. Not the other way around. 

"Do you think she's jealous?" Prudence asks as she sits next to me. "I mean Dorcas is playing the romantic lead opposite and not her." She says as she passes me a smaller needle so I can finish up some loose ends. I just shrug. "Sabrina's a big girl. I'm sure that doesn't really bother her." I tell Prudence as I focus on the cape.

"Didn't she break up with the mortal so she could be with Nick?" Prudence asks. I snap my head up and look at her. "No! She broke up with Harvey because... well it's none of your business. But is that a rumor going around? Sabrina and Nick?" I ask her. Prudence just winks me. 

"Ugh. Fine. Don't tell me. If you want to be of use go get Agatha's measurements. I need to start her costume next." I groan. Prudence just leaves me to go to her sister who is practicing her lines. Even though she only has a few. I mean the girl is playing a crow. 

"Now, that luxurious robe wouldn't be for me? Is it?" Ambrose asks smugly as he climbs over the pew to sit next to me. "It is. Good thing you're here. Put this on. I need to see how it hits the floor." I tell him as I pull him up. He sighs but obliges and puts it on. It's perfect. 

"Perfect. Fits perfectly." I say with a smile. "What's curious is how you didn't ask for my measurement." He says with a smirk. Of course this makes me blush. I don't know why, but this boy still makes me weak at the knees. "Guess my girlfriend has just memorized my body." He says.

"While that's not fully false, I do wear your clothes a lot. Therefore, I know your sizes." I say as he shimmys out of the coat. "Is it true that I'll have wings for the show?" He asks. I nod. Internally I'm cussing Aunt Zelda out. Of course I need to make fucking wings. 

"Well, how about I help you out? I'm sure you'll need to see me shirtless for this to work well." He says with a cheeky smile. I roll my eyes and push his chest. He simply grabs my wrist and pulls me to his chest. "I'm just joking my love. Besides, I know you have a long night ahead of you. So after dinner tonight, I'll set up a little spot in the parlor for us. You'll have a comfy spot next to the sewing machine, and I'll make sure your teacup is always full. We can work until we pass out of the couches. Heaven, maybe I'll even rub your shoulders. I know how stressful this must be." He says. 

"You are the best boyfriend a girl could ask for." I say melting into his arms. "I won't! I won't do it!" Sabrina calls out from the stage. Everyone in the church pauses and looks at her. She realizes that she's had an outburst and starts to turn bright red. I raise an eyebrow but she ignores my look.

"Sabrina? Who are you talking to?" Aunt Zelda asks. "No one, Aunt Zelda. Sorry." Sabrina says quickly. Aunt Zelda looks at her the same way I did. "Well that's lunch, everyone." Zelda says closing her script. People scatter across the church. Sabrina sulks over to us and takes a seat next to me.

"You okay up there?" I ask. She nods and reaches for her lunchbox where she pulls out an apple. "Well, outbursts aside. I must go to Father Blackwood. Top Boy duties never cease." Ambrose says as he ruffles Sabrina's hair. He gives me a quick peck on the lips before disappearing once more. I sigh and turn back to Sabrina.

"Hey, are you sure-" "Sabrina, can I run lines with you?" Nick asks as he pushes right by me to sit in between us. Fucking rude. "Sure. But shouldn't you be doing that with Dorcas?" Sabrina asks him. Seeing that I'm clearly no longer needed, I gather up my supplies and head to the front of the church to gather some black fabric to start on Agatha's bird costume.

The pattern isn't hard. This and Dorcas's outfits are the simplest. Hopefully I can crank out a good base in a few hours. I'm only a few stitches in when I hear a bunch of commotion around me. I look over my shoulder to see a bunch of people standing over where Nick and Sabrina were. I throw down the costume and rush over. I have to push my way through the crowd of people. There, on the floor, is my best friend. Choking. 

"What happened?" I yell. "She was eating an apple and..." Nick says trailing off. I push him away from her and kneel down beside her. I mutter a quick transportation spell and by the time I open my eyes, we are on the floor of the parlor in the mortuary.

"Aunt Hilda! It's an emergency!" I yell out.

------------------------------

Freya

"Darling?" Aunt Hilda coos as Sabrina slowly opens her eyes. We had tucked her into her bed after the whole debacle. Now Aunt Hilda is perched on one side of the bed, and I on the other. Sabrina blinks a few times before sitting up.

"Aunt Hilda, what happened?" Sabrina asks. "You started choking on an apple is what happened. And then Freya teleported you home, Praise Satan, and I performed the Heimlich maneuver on you." Aunt Hilda explains. "What happened my love? Went down the wrong pipe?" Aunt Hilda asks.

"It was the Dark Lord." Sabrina says. "Excuse me?" I gasp. Great. Fucking Great. "He keeps hounding me." Sabrina says. "Because you haven't done what he asked, is that it?" Aunt Hilda asks. Sabrina slowly nods. Maybe that's what Sabrina was reacting to in rehearsal earlier.

"You're in a bit of a pickle then. I didn't tell you this, but he tasked me once. One day, after my baptism, he gave me a wooden box with a button on top, a button to push." She explains. "Did you?" I ask. She nods. "What happened?" Sabrina asks leaning forward.

"Nothing. It tormented me for days. I thought something must have happened, something awful. And so I smashed the box to see what was inside." Aunt Hilda explains. "And?" Sabrina asks. "Empty." Aunt Hilda answers.

"I don't understand. It was all for nothing?" Sabrina asks. "I think the Dark Lord wanted to know that I would do it. That I'd be willing to do what he asked." Aunt Hilda explains. "Hm. Maybe I shouldn't be resisting him then." Sabrina says sadly. "Why are you?" I ask.

"If I say yes to this one thing, then it becomes harder to say no to the next." Sabrina explains. "I can't tell you what to do. But, you know, chances are the Dark Lord's influence is much stronger at the academy and the church. Maybe it will be easier to resist him if that's what you're choosing to do, if you went back to Baxter High." Aunt Hilda says.

"I mean surround yourself by your mortal friends. By Harvey, Rosalind, and Theo." Aunt Hilda says with a smile. "Theo? Who's Theo?" Sabrina asks. I sigh and put my hand on hers. "Catch up sis. Susie goes by Theo now." I tell her. She just nods.

"You've missed so much. You've been so strong for your friends. You've protected them and held them up. Let them do the same for you now." Aunt Hilda says with a smile. "Maybe you're right, Aunt Hilda. Maybe I need to get back to my non-Satanic friends. No offense Frey." "Non taken." 

"Knock knock ladies." Ambrose says strolling into Sabrina's room. "Pardon me. Cousin, I do hope you're feeling better. However, our little seamstress needs to get back to work. I have it all set up in the parlor. Besides, " he pauses to hold up two boxes. "I got us pizza." He says with a smile. I jump off the bed and run towards the door.

"Well looks like I gotta go! Feel better Brina! Say hi to our friends for me!" I yell as I chase my boyfriend down the stairs. He thinks I'm running to him, but let's all be real. I'm running towards that pizza.