Family Time

Freya

"And you're sure that this is a good idea?" Ambrose asks as we walk towards my front steps. I chuckles and tighten my grip on his hand. "I'm sure. They know and love you already. Besides it's just one night." I say adjusting the strap on my shoulder. Parker was kind enough to let Ambrose and I spend the night when I had explained the whole 'a witch might eat Ambrose' thing.

"Auntie Freya!!!" Winter yells as she runs out of the house. "Winnie!" I laugh as I drop my bag and scoop her up in my arms. It's getting harder and harder to pick her up. She's getting so big. She latches onto my neck and wraps her legs around my waist. 

"Winter! You better not have gone outside without shoes!" Parker calls from inside the house. "Freya. Ambrose." Parker greets from the door. I run up the stairs and walk into her arms. The three Hale ladies back together. "Come on in from the cold!" Mason says as he goes to shake Ambrose's hand. So we do. 

"I trust that you remember where your old room is." Parker jokes as she walks into the kitchen. I roll my eyes. "Not sure. Maybe I'll need a map." I joke as I lead Ambrose down the hall towards my old room. I missed this house. But I don't regret my decision to live at the Spellman house. The door to my room is creaky and chipped, but it made my heart swell. It's just like I had left it. 

"This is your old room?" Ambrose asks walking in and looking around. "No it's Sabrina's." I say with a smirk as we toss the bags into the corner of my room. "If I had known that this house would make you more sarcastic than I don't know if I would have joined you." He jokes as he looks at the photos on my wall. I smile and wrap my arms around his waist from behind and rest my chin on his shoulder.

"Would you rather be eaten by a witch?" I ask raising my eyebrow. He chuckles. "It could have been worse. I mean if she was pretty than it wouldn't have been so bad.." He says. I draw back and go to shove him playfully but he turns and grabs my wrists and pulls me to him. "You know I'm joking love. I just can't help myself." He says as he places a quick kiss on my neck.

"Really? Here? Right now? Does my tween bedroom really do this for you?" I joke. He just mumbles a response. I'm about to let things continue a little further when I hear little feet come running down the hall. I quickly push Ambrose away from me and stumble back onto my bed.

"My mommy says it's time for gingerbread decorating!" Winter yells throwing open the door. "Freya it's not sleepy time yet! Get up!" She complains as she grabs my arms and tries to pull me off of my bed. She huffs and I launch myself off of my bed as if she had actually pulled me up. She looks down at her hands in shock of her strength before giggling and running off to the kitchen.

"Is she always this energetic?" Ambrose asks once she disappears. "Yeah. And she hasn't even had cookies yet." I say with a smile. I lean over and give him a quick peck on the cheek before taking his hand and leading back into the hall.

----------------------------------

Freya

The night went rather smoothly. I think Winter may be falling in love with my boyfriend. I mean she decided to make a cookie for him, refused to eat until she got to sit next to him, and she's currently knocked out in his arms as we sit in the living room around the fire.

"At least she's not on me for once." Mason says with a laugh as he takes another sip of his eggnog. "I don't mind. I'm used to redheads falling asleep on me." He jokes as he turns to look at me. I smile and curl up as close as I can to him without accidentally nudging Winter. 

"I think that Winter has taken a liking to you, Ambrose. Freya better look out." Parker says as she joins us in the living room, placing a new tray if cookies on the table between us. "I don't know. I think I can handle it." I say with a smile. There's a moment of silence before someone speaks.

"Thank you for spending the holiday with us. With Winter. Even if it's because there are some spirits in your house or because there is some warlock eating witch on the loose." Parker says. "You know that I would not have missed this for anything. I know how much the family being together means to you." I say. Parker smiles and I see the tears well up in her eyes.

"I think that mom and dad would have been so happy to see us together like this." She says. "Speaking of mom..... I kinda saw her." I saw slowly. Parker just stares at me for a moment. "What did you just say?" She asks after a moment. I sigh and sit up. 

"I saw mom. During a seance." I tell her. "YOU WH- you what?" Parker starts to yell. She quickly catches herself before she can wake Winter. She stands up, grabs my wrist and pulls me into the kitchen. What it up with people pulling me around today?

"Freya Cassandra you better start talking. What do you mean you saw mom during a seance? Did you get to talk to her?" She asks as she starts to pace around the kitchen. "Sabrina and I did a seance to contact our moms. I just saw her. I couldn't talk to her. She was so beautiful." I say as tears start to well up in my eyes.

"Can we do a seance? Right now? Surly if you did it once you can do it again!" Parker says. "I don't think so. The only reason it worked is because there was five witches and three of them are skilled in preforming seances." I tell her. "No. Freya, you just don't want to try. Come on. We gotta try." Parker says as she starts ripping through the cabinets for supplies for a seance. 

"Parker." I say as she continues. I sigh and walk over to her. I close the cabinets and she flings them back open. "No. We are going to try. It's not fair that you get to see mom and I don't." She says as she starts the cry. "Parker." I say again, trying to get her attention. "No! You don't get it!" She says as she starts sobbing even harder.

"Parker!" I yell as I pin her arms to her sides with a hug. She quickly gives in and drops to her knees, pulling me down with her. I give her a minute to calm down to where she can breath again. 

"Mommy?" Winter asks from the entrance to the kitchen. She rubs her eyes and yawns. "Mommy is okay sweetie." Parker explains. "Have your father tuck you in. I'll come give you a kiss in a minute." She says. Winter nods and exits the kitchen. Parker rubs her eyes and pulls away from me. 

"Was she okay? Did she look happy?" She asks after a moment. I nod. She sighs and stands. "We can talk about this tomorrow. It's getting too late for this shit. Tell Ambrose that I said goodnight." She says as she shuffles out of the kitchen. 

"Everything alright?" Ambrose asks when I walk back into the living room. "I guess so. Parker says goodnight by the way." I say. He nods and we start to walk towards my room. "Hey. I just want you to know that I actually had a really great time tonight. I love seeing you interact with your family. It makes me feel at home. Like I belong here too." Ambrose says with a smile. 

"Of course you belong here. You're my other half. How could they not love you?" I say as I open my door. I turn to Ambrose for him to walk in first but he is too busy staring into my room with wide eyes. I quickly turn around and my jaw almost hits the floor. 

"Mom?"