Mornings Like This

Ambrose's POV

I woke up feeling cold. I reach around feeling for the body that was next to mine a few short hours ago. I sigh not feeling Freya next to me anymore. I open my eyes and sit up. I look around and find no sign of her. I groan and fall back into her bed. I can't help but notice that the sheets smell faintly of her.

 What are you doing Ambrose? Freya is your cousin's best friend. She's a young, inexperienced witch. She'll never be at the same level as you. She's fragile. Still learning about who she is. But I can help her. I can guide her through the dark and be there with her through the hard times. There are all these challenges with her, yet I'm willing to climb over every obstacle in our way. I just want her to feel safe, protected, happy, and loved. I just need to figure a few things out first.

"Good Morning." A voice calls from the doorway. I pick up my head and look at the heavenly sight before me. In comes Freya, looking as beautiful as ever. Sure, her pajamas were wrinkled, sure her eyes were puffy from the night before, and sure her red hair was messy. But she's never looked as beautiful as she does now. 

"A good morning to you." I say as she takes her spot next to me on her bed. She hands me a mug filled with my favorite morning tea. She pays attention to the small details like this. "Just a small thank you for staying with me last night." She says with a blush. I take a small sip. It burns my tongue but in a helpful wake me up mood.

"I'll be here whenever you need me." I tell her. She smiles and I can see it in her eyes, that she is truly happy. She places her mug on her bedside table and curls up by my side. "I don't think I would've gotten any sleep without you." She admits. I place my arm around her. "Then we can spend every night like this if it helps." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freya

What the heaven am I doing? More importantly, what was this boy doing to me? I had had boyfriends in the past. Yet, none of them gave me the butterflies that Ambrose Spellman gives me. And he isn't even my boyfriend. It's clear to me that we are more than just friends. But it feels like one of those things that you can't push any further than that.

After about half an hour, I get up to stretch and walk to the window. Sabrina comes marching up the long driveway. Even from this far away, I can tell that something is wrong.

"Ambrose? Where did Sabrina go last night?" I ask. He walks up behind me and looks over my shoulder. "I don't know. In case you forgot, I was with you the whole night." He jokes. I roll my eyes and push my way past him. "Come on, let's go see what's wrong now." I tell him while I walk out of the room, waiting for him to catch up. 

I open the front door and see that Sabrina is pacing in the cemetery. I'm about to walk outside after her when something silky and soft is draped around my shoulders. I run my fingers along the soft material and smile seeing that it's one of the robes that Ambrose always wears around the house. "Can't let you get cold." He says. I smile and we walk together towards the cemetary.

"We can add Miss Wardwell to the list of liars, betrayers, and spies in my life." Sabrina says after telling us that she went to her house to confront her after she had appeared in all of our dreams. Apparently, Miss Wardwell was a witch sent by Sabrina's father to watch over her. I know, I'm confused how all these people know each other too. 

"It's a lucky thing she was spying on you, cous. Else we might all still be trapped in the Batibat's nightmares." Ambrose tells her. "Then again, I sort of am, aren't I?" Ambrose says under his breath. Wait what? What was his nightmare about. Fuck it's about me. He hates me. I knew it. "Might I suggest you give the woman the benefit of the doubt?" Ambrose tells Sabrina. 

"I don't have it in me. My father deceived me. Aunt Zelda deceived me. Now my teacher?" Sabrina starts rattling off. "All right then, give me a bit of her hair and I'll make all her teeth fall out." Ambrose says with a smile. I smack his chest and he gives me a playful stare. Sabrina raises an eyebrow at this but keeps on going. 

"I'm not quite sure what to do yet." Sabrina admits. "Well," I say walking back towards the house. "One things for sure, I'm going to go wipe down all the mirrors in the house. No more spying." I tell them over my shoulder. "Fine. but you're coming with me to Baxter high today. You need to get out of this house." Sabrina calls back. I just smile.

--------------------------------------------------------

Freya

I walk through the halls hugging my stomach. I forget that Baxter High has such a strict dress code. At the academy, I could show up practically naked and the teachers wouldn't pay me any mind. 

Sabrina and I finally make it to the library where we usually meet up with our friends

Sabrina and I finally make it to the library where we usually meet up with our friends. We find them on the couches near the fireplace. Who the fuck decided to put a fireplace in a library. Fire hazard much?

"What's going on guys?" Sabrina asks plopping down next to Harvey. We all get our greetings out of the way and I sit next to Roz. "Susie's uncle is messed up." Roz says after a moment. "Beyond messed up." Susie adds. "He had a breakdown in the mines and he's been acting crazy ever since. He attacked Harvey." Susie explains.

"What!?" Sabrina and I both shout. "Attacked you where?" Sabrina asks searching Harvey for any marks. "Susie's place. That's what I was going to tell you." Harvey tells us. "My dad called a doctor." Susie says. "Maybe you should call and exorcist." Harvey says completely serious. I give Sabrina a worried glance.

"What does that mean?" I ask. "I was telling Susie and Roz. You know that thing I saw in the mines? Jesse saw it too." Harvey explains. I, as always, am lost. "How do you know that? Did he say that?" Sabrina asks. "He said a lot of crazy things." Susie says frustrated. "He said he say a monster. And then he said that he was going to eat Harvey's soul." Roz says in a whisper. "Point being, maybe whatever's down there is a- a demon." Harvey says.

Sabrina and I make eye contact instantly. There's no way a demon possessed Uncle Jesse. I mean, there is a way but it's unlikely. Right? Either way, all this talk of demons has my heart racing. I don't like when my mortal friends talk supernatural. It makes me worried that something is going to slip. 

"Psh, you guys know there's no such thing as demons right?" Sabrina says with a laugh. Our friends believe it but I see right through her. Demons exist alright. One attacked us last night. And they are no joke.