So It Begins

Freya

"Welcome to the Academy of Unseen Arts." Father Blackwood says with a smile. Again, I don't know if you could even call it a smile. Blackwood's office was massive. Candles, books, and throne like chairs circled the biggest desk I had ever seen. The chairs Sabrina and I were sitting in were waaaay more comfy that the ones a Baxter High. Only, I don't normally fear for my life at Baxter High.

"I recognize that there's been a bit of unpleasantness between us Sabrina, but that's only because we so desperately wanted to get you girls here." He says sitting across from us. He reaches across the table and hands us our schedules. I take a peek into mine. Necromancy, demonology, conjuring, and a couple of other classes. I smile knowing that I'm ready. Sabrina huffs and looks at mine before looking back at hers. 

"Um...why don't I get to take classes like conjuring like Freya?" She asks. "You have to fulfill the academy's general requirements first." He says. "Shouldn't Freya take these with me then? She doesn't nearly have enough experience. No offense." "Non taken." 

"Miss Hale is a full witch Sabrina. Things will come more easily to her. Once you complete the requirements, you may join Miss Hale and the others. However, I believe you two are due a choir practice." He says dismissively. Sabrina huffs but we head out the door, not wanting to be late for our first class.

"Forgive the interruption, Lady Blackwood, but Father Blackwood sends additions to your ranks." Quentin says walking into the choir room. Sabrina and I had gotten lost. If it wasn't for him, we would have never had found the place. Lady Blackwood, who I'm assuming is Blackwood's wife turns to us with a smile. I can't help but notice how swollen her stomach is. She must be pregnant. Or at least I hope she is and I'm not being a horrible person for assuming. 

"Ah girls, we've heard a lot about you." She says stepping forward with a smile. "Now girls, can you sight read music?" She asks handing us sheet music. We both nod and she motions for us to sing. I don't have a terrible voice. That being said, I don't have the best voice. I sing the words softly yet sweetly while Sabrina quickly overpowers me. Show off.

"My my." Lady Blackwood says with an impressed smile. "Prudence," she calls over her shoulder. "I believe you may have some competition." Lady Blackwood says. I peer over her shoulder and see the weird sisters. Prudence looks angry, but Dorcas and Agatha give me a small wave and motion for me to join them. So I do. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freya

The rest of the morning went by in a blur. Sabrina and I didn't have any other classes together. Luckily, I have those classes with the weird sisters, so they helped me out. They showed me which rooms to go to, what to write down, they even let me copy some of their notes. Finally, it was lunch time and I was able to be reunited with my best friend. I spot her sitting across the lunchroom and hurry to her to tell her all about my wonderful first day. 

"Sabrina- hey." I say sitting down across from her. She gives me a smile and takes a bite of her food. "You good?" I ask concerned. For Sabrina Spellman to not talk, you know something has happened. "I'm fine I just-"

"Hi. I'm Nicholas Scratch. Nick Scratch. Mind if I join you ladies?" A young warlock asks. He is undeniably hot. If my heart wasn't already head over heels for Ambrose, than this boy would surely take his place. "Sure. Sure." Sabrina says as he already begins to sit.

"I'm-" "Freya Hale." He cuts me off. "And Sabrina Spellman. You're Edward Spellman's daughter." He says. I almost want to scold him for cutting me off but he did it in such a charismatic way. "Your reputation precedes you." He tells Sabrina with a smirk. "Your father's as well. I'm reading his journals right now. Your father's too." He tells us. He goes on and continues to attempt to charm us. I'd be lying if I said it didn't work a little. I mean the guy is hot as hell, praises our fathers, AND is smart. Does it get any better here?

"Freya, Nicholas, Sabrina, we're not interrupting, are we?" Prudence says while sitting down next to me. Dorcas and Agatha sit on the other side of me. "No, not at all. Join us, please." I say smiling. 

"Well girls, how are you enjoying the academy so far? Is it like your other school?" Prudence asks. "Baxter High? No. not really." Sabrina says with an awkward laugh. "You know what we heard?" Prudence asks. "We heard that you didn't want to take your dark baptism because you were in love with some mortal boy. Must be some Spellman kink." She says taking a bite of her food. "Prudence, stop." I say nudging her. She gives me a small smile. "Careful Nicky, or she'll cock tease you the way she did the Dark Lord." She jokes.

"Okay that's enough Prudence." I say standing and taking my tray. I may be friends with the weird sisters, but I do not approve with the way they act sometimes. "Ah, come one Freya. I'm just having some fun with our new friend." She says. Dorcas grabs my arm and eases my back into my seat.

"Why do you have to be a bitch all the time, Pru?" Nick asks. "I don't know, Nicky, why do you have to be such a warlock slut all the time?" She claps back. Slut shaming is a thing in the witch world too? That fucking sucks. "What's your next class? And can I please walk you?" Nick asks only Sabrina. Okay cool fuck me I guess. She happily agrees and they walk off together.

"Come on Freya, we'll bring you to demonology." Agatha and Dorcas say. I'm still getting used to this whole speaking at the same time thing. But hey, things could be weirder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Freya

I think that in my head I was expecting dorm rooms. Like the ones you would see in a college. Where only two to three people would be in the same room. However, the academy is just a bunch of us sleeping in the same room in a big circle. I was having trouble falling asleep. I wish I could talk to Parker. I think this is the longest period of time that we have gone without seeing each other. I wonder if she misses me as much as I miss her. I roll over and see three people standing around the bed to my left where Sabrina is sleeping. The three figures hold hands while they stand over her. All of a sudden, they all disappear, Sabrina included. 

Fuck. I jump out of bed and take off into the hallway determined to find where they took my best friend.