Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Mom, I'm home."

I pulled my shoes off and set them against the wall. "Mom?!"

I walked into the kitchen, where a note sat on the counter. 'Emily, went out for a bit be back in a few minutes. P.S company is coming over, so change into something nice. Love Mom'

Groaning, I crumbled up the note and through it in the trash. I ran a hand through my hair pulling at the strands before going upstairs to shower. After a quick shower, I decided to catch up on some light reading. I pulled the book off the bookshelf in my room and sat down on my bed, flipping to the bookmarked page.

A note from Alpha Henry of the North
1836 7th November
Rouge wolves have entered our borders, killing our men, raping and stealing our women. This will be the first in a long time, I hate to say it but it looks like we will be going to war.

I stopped reading, "Alpha, where did I hear that."

'Well, see you around alpha.' 'The waitress. Ann, she called Eli alpha, but werewolves can't actually be real can they?' I grabbed a pen from the side table by my bed and circled the word Alpha.  The front door downstairs closed, "Emily!" I closed the book and put it back on the shelf.

"Knock knock. Emily why aren't you dressed, did you get my note?" My mother walked in, dressed in a grey long sleeve with jeans and a pair of sandals. Her long curly brown hair was pulled back showing off her heart shaped face.

"Yes mom, I got your note. I was just about to get dressed. Who's coming over anyways?"

"Just some very important friends of mine growing up." She said while sitting on my bed.

I nodded and walked over to my closet to pick something out to wear for tonight. "How formal are we talking?" I held up a blue chiffon dress that stopped mid-thigh. I turned around to look at my mother, whose eyes looked sad.

"Hey mom, you alright?"

"Oh yes sweetie, just thinking, I should go start dinner, chicken fettuccini sound good? They will be here around 5:30." I looked over at the clock, 2:32. "Okay, sounds good." I held the dress up giving a once over and tossing it on the floor, before looking for something else to wear. I didn't want to show off all my goodies, so I settled on a pair of dark washed jeans, a black and white stripped shirt with a tan cardigan, and threw on a pair of white slip ons. I sprayed some dry shampoo in my curly hair and shook it, to give it that just out of bed look, I applied a little bit of top eyeliner and touched up my eyebrows. Shrugging in the mirror I made my way downstairs.

*

5:00

I walked into the kitchen to see mom still cooking. "Here mom I got this, go get freshened up." I grabbed the spoon out of her hand and stirred the noodles in the bowl. "Thank you, it shouldn't take me long." After mixing the chicken, noodles, and Alfredo sauce together I put together a quick kale salad with a honey mustard vinaigrette. I sat in the living room watching TV, flipping through the channels until something on the news caught my attention.

"In today's news, Mayor North recently made a speech to tear down the old buildings over by Town Center to have them refurbished and brought back up for new housing."

I switched off the T.V tossing the remote on the couch. "How do I look?" I turned around on the couch to look at my mom.

"You look great." Her hair was curled and pinned back into an up do, she had on a long sleeve black floral dress paired with red heels to match the roses. "It's 5:30 so they should be here any minute. Is the table set?."

Not a minute later the doorbell rang. We both looked at each other and walked over to the front door. My mother plastered a smile on her face as she opened the door. "Hello Jean, Henry. Come in, come in. This is my daughter Emily, Emily this is Jean and Henry North my friends growing up." I gave a small wave feeling intimidated by them.

"Nice to meet you Emily, our son should be here soon he had to deal with some things at home." Jean said, her voice soft. We sat down in the living room, I sat on the couch closer to the front door while my mom and the North's all sat on the opposite couch. "April the place still look just the same when we were growing up." "I know, I was glad you guys didn't put it up for sale, this place holds so many memories."

I glanced over at my mother who had a bright smile on her face. This is the first I've seen her smile this much since my dad died. My eyes went over to Mr. North, his peppered hair slicked back. He wore a black suit that looked expensive, I would be afraid that I would spill something on it by accident if I wasn't careful. Then there was his eyes, the ones that I've seen before on someone else. Grey, the color of stormy skies? No not stormy skies, moonlight. He looked over at me and gave me a knowing smile.

"Who's hungry?" My mother said standing up.

"Yes, starving. Screw my son, he can eat later" His masculine voice sounded just like Eli's, but with more of a rough tone.

We made our way into the dining room, my mom sat across from Mrs. North while Mr. North sat at the head of the table. I was about to sit down when the doorbell rang.

"That must be Elijah." Mrs. North said.

"I'll get it." I sauntered over to the front door, and swung the door open, and there he stood, dressed in a suit much like his fathers. His hair was messy, like he just finished rolling around in the sheets, and those stormy eyes piercing into my brown ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note:

Some of these chapters will be long and I apologize if you dont like to read long chapters. But Thank You for reading and I look forward to hear what you have to say so Comment/Vote :)