Picnics and Surprises

Start from the beginning

     We slow to a walk as we near my house chatting randomly as I lead the way up the stairs to my porch. I'm laughing at something James said and reaching into my pocket for my keys when the door is flung open by a small Cody.

     "Hey, bean!" James says with a worried smile at the random appearance. "Everything okay?" He asks, and it's obvious that panic is trying to seep its way into his tone.

     "Of course it is James, it's just time to go." He says with a roll of his eyes and James and I are taken aback a little at the action. I don't think I've seen Cody this sassy in months. My best friend frowns in confusion as I answer for him.

     "It is? But we just got back." I say, pouting a little even though James and I just went on an almost two hour run.

     "Well you have something important to get to, so you'll just have to finish your play date later." He scolds and before either of us can respond he's standing on his toes to indicate a kiss and I lean down to give him my cheek with a confused expression. He kisses me lightly on my face and wave goodbye as him and an upset looking James walk off the porch and to their house in the drive way.

     I wave at the car, and once they're gone, turn back towards my house and head inside closing the door behind me. "Princess?" I call, removing my sneakers by the door to see where Chloe is.

     "In the kitchen!" He answers and I follow his voice into the room, walking up to my sexy Mate to give him a quick kiss.

     "Hey, why was Cody rushing James away?" I ask as I head towards the fridge for some water, screwing the cap off before I chug it turning back towards Chloe.

     He's wringing his hands in a nervous gesture with a hesitant smile as he answers. "I have a surprise for you and he was excited about you knowing." He says and I feel my eyebrows shoot up in surprise.

     "You have a surprise for me?" He nods and I chuckle as I finally figure out what all the secrecy has been about. "Okay, when can I get it?" I ask excitement running through me, though I don't miss the way Tobias kind of deflates in disappointment.

     "Well, Cody helped me pack lunch. I was wondering if maybe you wanted to have a picnic in the back yard maybe?" He asks, voice small as if expecting me to say no.

     "Of course, pup. Should I change?" I ask, gesturing down to my half naked body. He follows my hands and his eyes get stuck to my chest for a second much to my amusement before he answers.

    "No. Only if you want to. Can you get a blanket while I get the other stuff?" Chloe asks with a small smile and I lean forward to kiss his forehead, leaving the kitchen to do just that.

      After I get a large blanket from the upstairs closet, I jog downstairs and meet a still nervous looking Chloe at the back door. I open my mouth to ask him what's wrong, but I'm not sure if it has to do with the surprise so I change my words. "You ready?" He smiles brightly at me before I open the door for him and he leads the way outside. We settle on a nice spot in the middle of the yard with the warm sun falling on our skin, the cool breeze making the temperature perfect.

I spread out the blanket on the grass and Chloe settles the little picnic basket he had to have gotten from Cody in the middle. Shaking my head in amusement, I settle down on the blanket, crossing my legs as my pup begins dishing out food on paper plates.

"Princess, this looks amazing." I praise him biting into my sandwich as he gives me a heaping amount of fruit salad.

He looks up at me through his lashes as his cheeks flush and gives me a, "Thank you, daddy." And I hear it all the way to my cock, but I ignore it, too anxious to find out what the surprise is. We eat in semi silence, enjoying each other's company and the beautiful yard around us until our stomachs are full and our plates are empty.

Once they are, Chloe wastes no time in putting the empty and dirty dishes back into the basket and putting it to the side. He scoots closer to me until we're facing each other and I see his hands shaking as if scared out of his life and it makes me tense as well.

Before I can ask him if he's okay he beats me to it and the words that fall from his mouth surprise me. "Alex, I need both you and Toby here for this surprise. Can I have Talex?" He asks and Tobias finally perks up.

'I'm included in this too?' And he sounds so surprise and happy that it makes me smile brightly at Chloe.

"Of course, love." I tell him before closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, allowing Tobias to join me in the forefront of our mind.

✨✨✨

Talex's POV

I open my eyes and see my beautiful Mate sitting there with a loving smile and nervous gaze waiting patiently for me to come to. Once he sees my different color eyes he grabs my hand and I can't help but notice that his is warm and clammy but I ignore this as he finally gets on about what the surprise is.

"We've been with each other for almost three months now, and never in the world would had I ever thought I would be so happy having a Link. As much as you two can be a pain in my ass, you're also the best thing that's ever happened to me." He says and I chuckle shaking my hand but not saying anything because the words are singing truth on both sides. "We work so well together and when I first found out, I was surprised and scared but Cody reminded me of how blessed I really am."

His eyes are misting but there's a smile on his face as his words continue and I'm too caught up in how amazing he looks int he soft afternoon light to put together what he's saying on my own.

"Talex, the surprise I wanted to give to you is actually an announcement. I'm pregnant."

Those last two words destroy my world breaking it down atom by atom only to rebuild itself around the perfect Goddess sent princess in front of me. Pregnant.

He's pregnant. He's having our baby.

He goes quiet and the only thing I can do is stare at his stomach and sniff the air everything finally coming together. The morning sickness, the sensitivity, the restless nights, his scent.

     He's pregnant. He's having our baby.

     Dear Goddess the change in his scent was driving me crazy because I couldn't figure it out. I continue to stare at my little angel who hasn't even made their appearance, glancing between Chloe's stomach and his tear stained eyes in awe.

"I know you might think it all too early, and that I might not want a kid but I do, Talex I really do. I didn't even realize how much I wanted this baby until I knew I was pregnant."

     He's pregnant and he's happy. He wants our baby. Holy shit. He's having my baby. And even though rationally I know he is freaking out and needs to know that I'm okay and that we're okay, all I can think about is the fact that this sweet beautiful Princess of mine, has blessed me with a baby.

~~~~~~~
BROOOO THIS IS SOOO FUCKING CUTE. I love this so much and geeez I hope sassy bean is going to make it up to James for hurting his feelings.

So the baby will be a girl. Now it's time to choose baby names!!->>>

And for the next generation's series should she be:

💋🖤⛓🥀
or
🌸🐚✨🦋

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: When is the best nap time?