Chapter 19 - Second Date

Start from the beginning

"Can't say I envy them. Living out of a suitcase and moving from place to place doesn't appeal to me. And what else are you trying?"

"Getting out of the house and talking to people. It's something I've never been good at. I envy the way you chat with everyone. I feel awkward most of the time and my mind just goes blank trying to find a conversation topic. So I went to a bookshop and instead of browsing like I always do, I went straight to the guy at the register and asked for book recommendations. He looked a bit like Adam, is also smart like him, and was a great resource. I'm also trying my hand at sweet talking the pretty girl at the chocolate shop."

"Are you?" She raises an eyebrow in a way that I have to think of a list of ingredients before the blood in my brain rushes to a different part of my body.

"I feel comfortable with you... And happy. You laugh at my awful jokes and we don't seem to run out of topics to talk about, mostly thanks to you. I was freaking out before our first date, worrying about saying something stupid and ruining things. You are still around so I guess I'm doing okay."

"Sam, you are the most wonderful man I've ever dated. You are thoughtful and kind. I might be the one ruining things with what I'm about to say, but I have deep feelings for you. I know it sounds nuts because since we met, we have barely spent time together physically. But our conversations have been enough for me to develop how I feel."

"Deep feelings, like love?"

"Like love, yes."

A deep breath leaves my lips. "I feel the same."

Marisol places her hands at my nape and brings me closer to her to kiss. It feels different somehow, like I have the right to kiss her like this, like we belong to each other.

"Best second date ever," she says and it makes me laugh.

My stomach makes a rumbling sound. I ate something at work during a break but it appears it wasn't enough. "Are you hungry?" I ask her. "I could eat something."

"Sure. Do you want to order something and have it delivered?"

"Or we can cook something. Maybe test one of the new recipes I want to add to the club menu."

Marisol reacts with an enthusiastic nod and helps me to find the necessary ingredients to make a hearty pasta dish. We turn the radio on and sing out loud and out of tune with the latest hits while we roll, stuff and bread meatballs.

"I think this will go well with dinner. Can you still call it dinner at ten in the evening?" I show her a bottle of wine and she nods in approval.

"I don't mind what we call it. I don't believe food should have specific times."

"The woman after my own heart. When we started the club, I wanted to offer breakfast for dinner. Adam didn't like my idea."

"I only know him when he comes to shop. Is he that... The only word I can come up without sounding rude is strict."

"Adam is quite formal outside of his family and us. He needs he has to prove to everyone that he's professional and business-savvy. Whoever doesn't know him well might even think he's a dick, but that's far from the truth. Erin was a popular girl in high school in Lonstino and Adam was completely awkward and a loner. He's still like that to some extent, and that strict or formal façade is a sort of alter ego, but under all that he has a heart of gold and is the best friend you can wish for."

The meatballs have turned a golden brown, indicating our food is ready. After plating the pasta and adding the meatballs, we grab the bottle of wine and seat on the couch. This meal is definitely worth adding to our menu.

"You can wake me up for this anytime," Marisol says after placing her empty plate on the coffee table and rubbing her stomach. "You can even serve this as an appetizer without the pasta. Wine is delicious, but this with a cold one. Mmm... Let me help you with the dishes before I lick mine clean."

At the club, I have staff that takes care of cleaning everything and realize that my experiments at home don't come with that perk. So I accept her offer and we manage to have everything clean in no time while continuing to enjoy the wine we opened earlier. Marisol leans with her back against the counter and stares at me.

"What?" I ask while laughing nervously.

"I can see myself doing this often," she places the glass on the counter, walks to me and places her arms around my waist, which I reciprocate. "Maybe it's the wine talking, but I do."

"I don't think it's the wine. We can do this whenever you want or can."

She places her head on my chest and I enjoy the warm feeling it gives me.

"Your heart is racing," she says.

"My heart, my mind, everything is at this moment."

Just like at her apartment, Marisol and I engage in a heavy make out session. Only this time, we don't shuffle towards the couch.

"Where's your bedroom?" She whispers.

"That way," I point weakly towards my room.

Marisol guides me and stopsat the door. The dimmed lamps give my bedroom a romantic and peaceful glow. Inudge her softly to make her lie on my bed and spend a good time caressing herbody while kissing her. My hands move over her hips and then under her thicksweater where I caress her waist and breasts. I felt no rush until her teethgrazes my bottom lip. She smiles at my reaction and her hands tangle in mycurls as she comes closer to my ear and nibbles on my lobe. In no time, ourclothes lay on the floor next to the bed. Marisol is beautiful and withoutclothes, is a goddess. Making love with her turns to be the most wonderfulexperience. One I hope we can continue for the rest of our lives.