EPILOGUE

Frederick Abberline stepped into George Lusk's lodgings on the morning of October 16th , 1888 . By then , there was police everywhere and crowds of curious onlookers gathering outside . Luckily , Lusk lived on the 2nd floor , meaning the police blocked off the staircase , to keep the people away .

   Abberline's appearance drastically changed . Now , instead of the lively , trustworthy and fierce detective, stood a cold , rough , determined, angry and doubly fierce one . His face was drained of youth , yet pumped full of brutality. He had eye bags under his eyes , he had wrinkles on his face and grey hairs on his head . There was a long , deep scar running down the right side of his face. Going from right above the eyebrow, to right above the neck , and through his right eye . His right eye was bloodshot, and his pupil had gone white . The scar went through the eyebrow and his mustache, leaving bald lines there . Now he wore a light gray overcoat , with large dark brown fur lapels . Underneath that , a dark brown striped suit and vest , with a dark green tie . Abberline held a black cane in his hand . His limp had by now gone , but he thought it useful to carry a hidden pistol in the handle of it .

   "Lusk's dead Sir !" Said a constable, approaching Abberline .

   "How did he die ?" Abberline Said jerking the constable away , and approaching Dr. Seth Baxter .

   "A cut on the right wrist , and a penetration wound of extreme force into the kidney ."

   Abberline , leant Over and whispered something in the man's ear .

   "It looks different enough Sir ."

   "Good , forget everything I said ."

   Then Abberline approached the table , and examined the letter sent to Lusk .

   "Could be someone else ." Faintly said Abberline to himself. "Yet the similarities... are too strong.... And 'From Hell'... Jack's toying with someone ... "

   Abberline turned the letter over . On the back was a blood stain , but he could make out words behind it .

   "Jack the Ripper" he slowly read out . "As I bloody thought !"

   He examined Lusk's body quickly , jotted down some notes , and glanced at the Holy Bible that he was holding . Then he approached Seth Baxter once more .

   "You think the kidney is genuine ?"

   "I'm sure of it , inspector ."

   "How ?"

   "The woman , Eddowes , she had kidney degeneration, there are signs of the same degradation in the body , and there was a kidney missing from her Sir ."

   "So that settles it ! I have to leave !" Abberline suddenly said .

   "Why is that ?" Questioned Swanson as he paced into the room the room slowly.

   "Fleet Street ! I need to go there immediately ! I have a theory ."

   "Finish up here first Abberline ."

   "You take care of that , Swanson. I need to go now !"

   "Stay ! That's an order ! I need your help Abberline !"

   "Get out of my way !" Abberline's expression got angry , and he pointed a small gun into Swanson's stomach.

   "You're mad ! Stand down !"

   The gun got closer , then Abberline pulled it away , and left to Fleet Street .

               END            OF          BOOK        1

                    CONTINUED IN BOOK 2
               "A FREEZING GUST OF WIND"