CHAPTER 1 : BLOODLESS MURDER IN COLD "BUCK'S ROW"

A  gust of wind swept across the narrow streets of Whitechapel. It was the end of summer , as the autumn came and took the sweat off people's heads . But the autumn of 1888 was different , for instead of living their lonely existences , the people would be swept by this chilling breeze into the heart of the world . They would be put on the map . For with that freezing wind , came a man . And came the deaths . 5 women were to die by his blade . 5 women's deaths would spark intrigue , and lead to unforeseen discoveries. This is the story of Jack the Ripper .

   Polly Nichols was staggering down Buck's Row at 3:00am on August 31st 1888 , when it happened.  A cold breeze swept her by , making her shiver and tighten her cheaply-made shawl for warmth. Polly was 30 years old . She had worked in Victorian workhouses all her life , but took to drink and lost her job in early august and took to prostitution . She was only 30 , yet had an appearance of a 50 year old . Her face was covered in wrinkles , and most of her teeth were missing . She wore simple clothes , and nothing to suggest she was a prostitute , but people could tell . In those days it was easy to tell .

   As she huddled for warmth , she saw a man . As she got closer , she saw him . Over his face he wore a burlap sack , with one eyehole . He had a topper with a white satin brim . In fact , every brim , and button on his clothing was laced in white satin . He wore a black Victorian cloak  , underneath it , a black frock coat , underneath that , a black lapeled vest and finally , a black shirt , with a high collar and a white cravat . He wore white gloves , and thick leather boots . "Well , at least he didn't feel that breeze...brr" . She approached the man , with a big , seductive smile . A smile that only old lonely men , would find solace in . She put her hand on the man's chest , as was protocol in her profession , and courteously whispered    "Want the business?" .

"Certainly !"  , replied the ghostly figure , in a deep , soft , yet rough , and overall dark and menacing voice. The voice of a killer .

Polly smiled even more . It was her first "customer" in days , it would also be her last . She told the man , that this was a good spot , and begun to kneel down .

   Suddenly the man grabbed her by the throat and began choking her while also shaking her repeatedly , shew tried to scream , alas to no avail  , for suddenly , the grip tightened , crushing her vocal chords , and leaving her breathless . The murderer took out a long knife . It  was 6 inches long , and was razor sharp . It was made of some sort of black metal , and had a red velvet hilt . He let go of her throat , and with one motion slit it . Strangely there was a lack of blood , the quickly , he tore her clothes , and cut into the stomach, leaving a deep gash . Then he left the body . The throat started to bleed . The man looked back on the body , then came up to it , and covered up the sick mutilation he had just committed . Then he hid the knife in his cloak , grunted , and went into the shadows .