"All right, all right." Jeffery's lips scrunch to the side as guilt scrunches down his posture. "I get it. I guess it's true that Chace has never dated someone you approved of."

"Exactly. Rory and I are becoming friends. I've known the girl barely longer than a week. You guys think I'm developing some deep feelings for someone I just met." I'll decide not to tell him how we happened to hook up before she ever met my brother. That'll just take away from my point.

"Okay, I get it." He flops back on the bed and throws his arms over his eyes, mid-drift exposed from his crop top. "I'm sorry. You know I'm a jealous asshole sometimes."

"It's okay." I climb back over him and pull an arm away from his eyes. "It's cute." I give him a soft kiss and stroke my thumb over his cheek, careful not to brush aside his makeup or it'll be my ass. "You know you'll always be my favorite."

"I better be. It's hard finding good dick these days."

I chuckle and nibble on his bottom lip. "Is that all you're concerned about? Losing your favorite top?"

He pretends to think and pats my cheek. "You're kinda cute too."

"Ha." I press my weight into him, pinning him down to the bed. "Is that it? You can't be that jealous of a girl I'm friends with if you only think I'm cute and a good fuck."

Jeffery giggles and pushes at my chest. "For a skinny boy, you sure are fat. Get your ass off me."

"Not until you admit it." I tease my lips along his neck. "Admit you're catching feelings for me."

"It'll be a rainy day in hell before I ever blow your ego that big."

Laughing, I scoop him into my arms and ease up my weight enough for him to wrap his arms around me too. "Leave it to you to always keep me grounded."

"Damn right. You're real arrogant sometimes."

I merely laugh and hug Jeff a little tighter, thankful that he's back to his playful side and even more relieved that he's dropped the thing about Rory. The last thing I need is everyone's doubt weighing on mine. I've been trying my damndest to halt these stupid emotions inside me.

* * *

There's hardly a crowd, but Rory is nowhere in sight. Drunken bodies camouflage each other, irritating me to my core. I attempt to mask my search for her with Jeffery by my side, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not anxious to see her at least once tonight. For protective reasons, obviously. She said she wanted to take her crush dancing since it would be their last free week before fall classes start. Apparently, it's a girl she and Chace have been with before. Rosie? Rosita? Either way, I have no idea what my plan is. I never really do. Yet I've always acted on instinct, and my instincts tell me that I want to be around her. To protect her from an incident of harassment. Or help her buy drinks if she wants them. So maybe I like her a little? Maybe I am curious about her past. What is following her around going to do about it? It's not like I can act on these emotions.

"We should have a threesome sometime," Jeffery says. He nudges my side with a mischievous look.

I arch a brow. "With a girl or guy?"

"Doesn't matter. Whatever you're into."

"Eh." I shrug the idea off. Threesomes have never sounded appealing to me. The entire scenario just seems awkward and complicated. Focusing on one partner at a time is more than enough. The only exception would probably be with Rory. I'd do anything to have just one moment with her. "Jesus, what am I thinking?" I mumble and turn to lean on the bar.